Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail Waving

Re: Tail Waving

You tried courting a snake, Richard? You are weirder than I originally thought.

Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

And that's saying somethin'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    You tried courting a snake, Richard? You are weirder than I originally thought.

That's why I took the words "garter snake" out of her quote so it just says "female"

Funny story though, I asked one of the managers at work if I could take home a trash item (a cardboard tube as tough as actual wood) and I said I needed it for my snakes. I told him I breed snakes. He says "why, don't you have a girlfriend?"

Dangit, I didn't say I breed with snakes!

Haha... Someone actually asked me if the males were a bit too small when I said I was having trouble sexing my snakes... Sometimes I think people just don't want to be smart at all, because it was my understanding that most people know the difference between "sex" and "sexing"
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

it was my understanding that most people know the difference between "sex" and "sexing"
    I think you may have drastically overestimated most people
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Well these are people who claim to have graduated from highschool with 4.0 gpa. Everyone who has mistaken those always says they had a 4.0 gpa and that they know I'm lying. I do feel embarrassed to be of the same species as them... It's only Americans, too! Never once have I had someone from another country mistake that.
    Chantel

Banned

Well these are people who claim to have graduated from highschool with 4.0 gpa.
    And you think that matters? Again, you have grossly overestimated people. There are plenty of complete idiots that are highly educated and have top grade point averages.

On the flipside, there are highly intelligent people with not much more than a third grade education.

Not to brag or anything, but I have taken many tests for Social security, and the state of WA and have always tested "significantly above average intelligence" You wouldn't know it though. My math is around 8th grade level, and the rest, barely 11th grade. Not to mention other factors that make intelligence not necessarily an asset.

Man's "intelligence" has and continues to get him into all kinds of messes, especially when the highly educated and intelligent people get involved. Those are the people who created the atom bomb, the internal combustion engine, and engineered dams, more efficient ways to deforest the planet, created chemical compositions so toxic that the the earth has never seen the likes of, computers and their toxic manufacturing processes, which continue to pollute this planet nearly beyond repair, the list goes on...

If we were just a little less intelligent then sure, we never would have walked on the moon (which by the way benefits no one) but we might be at a manageable, and sustainable population level and wouldn't be a major contributor to the current mass extinction which is in full swing.

but to get back on subject, maybe if we just tail slapped each other instead of using our technology to completely wipe out civiliazations and wage world scale war, we, and the snakes, would be much better off.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" I certainly hope that is a mistranslation and what it really means by "meek" is "stupid" then we just might survive.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 08-31-2011 at 07:13 AM.

No, it doesn't matter. I could go through high school with a 2.0 gpa and be the smartest person in the world. I was just saying, every person who had mistaken the "sexing" thing, said they had a 4.0 gpa and blah blahblah. I'm not overestimating them in that sense, you can cheat your way through highschool so easily it's not even funny.

I was checking on snap last night because she had been hiding for about 2 days... She slapped my face with her tail while squirting poop. What a jerk.
    Chantel

Banned

Hahaha. That's my girl. I don't get it. She was always one of the calmest, easiest to handle 3-stripers in the litter. she never gave me one bit of trouble.

Dunno... You give her a treat and she'll be the sweetest little snake you'll ever see, but only for a little bit.
    Chantel