Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: Is my Parietalis sick? :(

Quote Originally Posted by JodiLeigh View Post
    I have had her for twelve days and got her from a pet shop that breed them themselves

I have her in a big clear under bed storage tub with holes in the lid at the moment because it's easy to keep clean.
    I just realized that says you have had her for 12 days . You might want to have the vet do a fecal on her while you're there. Because pet shops handle all types of herps so again it could be parasites. Sorry for the confusion i had in my mind that you had her for about 12 months and she was captive bred.
    Bluesirtalis

Right...that is exactly what I was going to say...she still could have gotten parasites. Sometimes, though, snakes just regurgitate. I would just keep a close eye on her...and it is good that you are taking her to the vet...good thinking. Keep us posted please.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

This isn't much of a help on why, but my snake....About 1-1.5 months ago(?) threw up randomly. Just a one time thing, never did it before, hasn't done it again. I wouldn't doubt it could be nothing, but glad you've got him an appointment. Let us know what's going on when you get back!
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Cee Cee throws up now and again. She has never regurgitated food...but she throws up water and foamy stuff now and again. She also gags and tries to throw up unsuccessfully. I have never figured out why she does this...but she is perfectly healthy otherwise.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Cee Cee throws up now and again. She has never regurgitated food...but she throws up water and foamy stuff now and again. She also gags and tries to throw up unsuccessfully. I have never figured out why she does this...but she is perfectly healthy otherwise.
    Sometimes they do that when they drink to much water at one time or get handled after drinking.
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by ProXimuS View Post
    This isn't much of a help on why, but my snake....About 1-1.5 months ago(?) threw up randomly. Just a one time thing, never did it before, hasn't done it again. I wouldn't doubt it could be nothing, but glad you've got him an appointment. Let us know what's going on when you get back!

I guess I should maybe specify, he "regurged,"(some fish) rather than just "throwing up."
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Ok, fed her one pinkie yesterday and then she shed and then a few hours later I found this:

DSCF2055.jpgDSCF2056.jpg

Don't know why the third picture is as an attachment separate :/

But yeah, it's mostly what looks like water and just a few bits of white jelly like bits in there.
    I scraped them together to take a better picture:

DSCF2058.jpg

What is this all about?
    Then woke up to this:
    DSCF2064.jpg

Why she did this UNDER the newspaper I don't know, just making things awkward for me

I have booked her in at the vets for next week but I am kinda intrigued, gross I know but I like to understand these things and learn for future reference.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1.1 T.s.parietalis - Manny and Olive
    1.3 Poecilia reticulata - Mojo and not yet named R.I.P Shushi =[
    0.4 Poecilia reticulata Fry - Snake grub =P
    1.0 Ampullariidae - Ernie R.I.P Bert =[

OH and then this tonight:

DSCF2067.jpg

Which looks really weird and was smellier then the rest, it looked like there were some little undigested bits in there too.

Also is this not a bit soon after her pinkie just yesterday to have passed poop three times by now? And three times over the last two days?
    1.1 T.s.parietalis - Manny and Olive
    1.3 Poecilia reticulata - Mojo and not yet named R.I.P Shushi =[
    0.4 Poecilia reticulata Fry - Snake grub =P
    1.0 Ampullariidae - Ernie R.I.P Bert =[

That looks more normal. Feces and urates. Feeding worms will digest faster and have a higher water content which could aid in cleaning out the digestive tract.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

When is your vet appointment? I think she needs a fecal exam at this point. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted with an update and make sure to be very sanitary until you get this cleared up.
    Bluesirtalis