Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: LOL! Another post about Smooth Green Snakes

keep searching i bet ull find one
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

hey thanks man i appreciate it, ive always wanted one, once when i was really litlle about 5 i was at my neighbors house for daycare and for some reason she always had snakes in her yard and for some reason there was a smooth green snake in her flower garden, and it was a quite large one. The cool thing about it is that according to all records, there are no reports of any smooth green snakes in my part of minnesota ever, and i kno that it was not a garter so ever since then ive wanted one
    It is better to forgive and to forget than it is to remember and to hate..

I love my Thamnophis sirtalis annectens....he is so coool

Old and wise snake charles parenteau's Avatar

GO get a rough green snake in a pet store you should be satisfy and probably live more than 4 weeks probably 6 or 8 weeks!!!Smooth green snake should be illegal everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by charles parenteau View Post
    GO get a rough green snake in a pet store you should be satisfy and probably live more than 4 weeks probably 6 or 8 weeks!!!Smooth green snake should be illegal everywhere!
    ok mr.hotshot lets c u got a san francisco dont ya well those are also endangered so keep those kinds of opinions to yourself or ill unleash my wrath on u.... sorry got a little carried away
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Its not mine !!!Legal also....

Quote Originally Posted by Faunaofthenorth View Post
    well thanks for your reply and concern and i appreciate it haha i have recently thought about it although i still have like a small obsession with smooth green snakes just because i was never able to even try to care for them lol well anyways ryt now there are a few top prioroties such as catching the little ******* ground squirrel that killed a bunch of garters at a huge snake den i discovered a few years back it was my favorite place ever but well i just wanna live trap him and release him a few miles down the road, i kno its natural that hes there but still i cannot help it
    Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, I purchased three WC smooth green snakes... a trio. They were shipped from Connecticut, I believe. On arrival, I opened the package to find that one of the females was gravid, and the other was not, because the package was full of eggs... eggs that did not hatch, probably due to the shaking around that occurred during shipping.

I put all three snakes in an aquarium that was tall and vertical in space... hung fake ivy from the cover, put in a climbing branch or two, etc. Created a nice arboreal type viv.

They loved the ivy and hung in it alot.

They refused to come down and eat the crickets, waxworms, and other insects I offered. They required that I mist the ivy so they could drink... a water dish was a foreign concept to them, apparently.

I had some luck getting them to eat snowy tree crickets, but one cannot capture enough of these to feed a snake!

Next, the other girl laid her eggs... all dozen of them... but not in the nesting box I had provided with loose soil in it - instead, she laid them IN THE WATER DISH! They were probably in the water for hours before I found them, and they had obviously drowned. I tried anyway, but no go.

Next, the male died. No obvious reason... just found dead on the floor of the viv.

Not wanting to kill the remaining female, and knowing these snakes can be found a couple of hours drive from me, I broke the usual protocol and released the remaining female, facing the obvious that I was not able to feed them adequately, especially in the spring and fall.
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

Smooth green are insectivorous they love spiders and crikets but in captivity they don't eat at all,I talk about adult specimen.For many reasons its not a good pet. I think its over 95/100 chance to die.
    Try to find one take as many pictures as you want then released it.ITs been a while since my last one,caught less than 1 kilometer from my appartement.I tried to find new mention for the Atlas of reptiles du Quebec,for SOciété d'histoire naturelle de la vallée du Saint -Laurent.I
    FOund few new spot.

I love all green snake.old pictures.

excuxe me charles but ive already had a couple of rough green snakes before and well it wasnt the same, i cant explain it to the likes of you because you probably wouldnt understand, but i just want a smooth green snake, ok, end of story, and they ARE NOT illegal in minnesota, and they ARE NOT illegal in EVERY state, only in a few, and you didnt have to be rude my friend, its just my dream, and for everyone----im not interested in a rough green snake, i would do anything and everything to make sure that the smooth green survives, i mean anything, and plus i have a great reptile vet nearby so it will be fine, and thanks mustang and kitkat
    It is better to forgive and to forget than it is to remember and to hate..

I love my Thamnophis sirtalis annectens....he is so coool

Need to put a lot of debris ,tole ,board etc ,everything they could hide under.Its hard to find them other way.