Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Third shed In Progress"

Re: Two headed garter snake found in wild..

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    WRONG!! I would have written a letter to the director of the herpetology department at the University of California Davis. Explained to them what I had and that I would like to know if they would be interested in working out a business transaction for the animal. There are more special considerations for the survival of the animal than it being a spectacle for a sideshow. And that's just my opinion...
    Okay so you just want to make money off it. Well he doesn't have a price tag for it and many people have tried to buy it from him. As with Clinton Horner who has a two headed Radix, he's denied offers of as much as $1000+. Two headed snakes are well documented and not new to science, there's been 4 found this year as far as I'm aware. Props to both of them for keeping their snakes and not giving them away to whoever offers the most money.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zdravko092368 View Post
    Okay so you just want to make money off it. Well he doesn't have a price tag for it and many people have tried to buy it from him. As with Clinton Horner who has a two headed Radix, he's denied offers of as much as $1000+. Two headed snakes are well documented and not new to science, there's been 4 found this year as far as I'm aware. Props to both of them for keeping their snakes and not giving them away to whoever offers the most money.
    WRONG!!!!! But that's your opinion and that's fine. A business transaction has different intricacies that don't always include a monetary/ cash ingredient. What if I want my name on a plaque that identifies me as a donor to the University? What if a agreed business transaction afforded me some documentation or a recommendation from the university. Before you jump to a assumption or biased conclusion about my intent you should ask me. That's my opinion!
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

I hope it can survive and get into the right hands.
    In this comment you made the assumption that if it don't get into "the right hands" it won't survive. Assuming he is ill equipped to care for it.

[QUOTE=Albert ClarkThere are more special considerations for the survival of the animal than it being a spectacle for a sideshow [/QUOTE]
    And here you assumed it would be a spectacle in a sideshow and not his personal pet.

WRONG!!!!! But that's your opinion and that's fine. A business transaction has different intricacies that don't always include a monetary/ cash ingredient. What if I want my name on a plaque that identifies me as a donor to the University? What if a agreed business transaction afforded me some documentation or a recommendation from the university. Before you jump to a assumption or biased conclusion about my intent you should ask me. That's my opinion!
    What would be your intent with the leucistic? Would you also suggest i send the leucistic to a university and ask for my name on a plaque identifying me as a donor?

"Third shed In Progress"

All thread you're making assumptions about the owner of this snake with literally no information. I assume you want to sell it after you talk about making a business transaction and you flip out. Okay. Well maybe you should talk to this guy before you jump to any more biased conclusions.

Old and wise snake

I would have kept it!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Zdravko092368 View Post
    All thread you're making assumptions about the owner of this snake with literally no information. I assume you want to sell it after you talk about making a business transaction and you flip out. Okay. Well maybe you should talk to this guy before you jump to any more biased conclusions.
    If that's the way you interpreted what I said then that's your issue! I could care less about having it, my concern, whether you understand it or not, is the impact a bicephalic wandering garter snake can have on the hobby/ industry and veterinary medicine and science.

[QUOTE=Tommytradix;268758]In this comment you made the assumption that if it don't get into "the right hands" it won't survive. Assuming he is ill equipped to care for it.

And here yowu assumed it would be a spectacle in a sideshow and not his personal pet.

What would be your intent with the leucistic? Would you also suggest i send the leucistic to a university and ask for my name on a plaque identifying me as a donor
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 10-12-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    In this comment you made the assumption that if it don't get into "the right hands" it won't survive. Assuming he is ill equipped to care for it.

And here you assumed it would be a spectacle in a sideshow and not his personal pet.

What would be your intent with the leucistic? Would you also suggest i send the leucistic to a university and ask for my name on a plaque identifying me as a donor?
    1: Purely my opinion and not a assumption. If you interpreted it as him being ill equipped to care for it then that's your interpretation. The right hands to me was IMO a Herpetological veterinary program / institution.

2:Again, my opinion and not a assumption. Your interpretation of my opinion.

3: My intent for the leucistic would be different than that of a bicephalic wandering garter snake that is a anomaly and would garner unparalleled excitement in a herpetological institution setting.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Let it go guys, it don't belong to any of us anyway so it really don't matter what we would do with it! No sense in an argument, lol!
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    Let it go guys, it don't belong to any of us anyway so it really don't matter what we would do with it! No sense in an argument, lol!
    It's gone! True. No argument, but I will stand strong for my opinions and my convictions. Thanks.