Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random seizures

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Re: Random seizures

Edit** sorry, don't mind me... I'm drunk... rather stressed about this moving or mortgage thing...

<3 Love life eh <3

What can you do but smile..
    \\

I'm often in traffic jams after work n look at peoples faces... they all look so .. miserable.. I end up smiling n jamming out to music. I'm not going to be grumpy.. what good does grumpy help??
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

lol I've had.. two drinks>>>.. I'm a light wieght!!!!! lol

Sorry***
    G'night. Ya'll.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

I've been putting icecubes in the water, especially Derpy's water.
    And thanks, Dae, it's really sweet of you! I've found ways of dealing with it at least partially. The smoking blend really does help. 50 dollars worth (3-5 oz) lasts me over a year, when my meds (that don't help much) costs me 1,080 a year.
    Here's some pictures of him... He's just so cute.

Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Awwww, I love it when they curl up in a circle like that. So cute! Hope he gets well soon!
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

He curls up like that when I hold him now, I think he enjoys having my finger swirl down his back. He calms right down when I do that.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

That is sweet. Willow likes to sit so I can scratch her chin and neck.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Chantel...some of what you are describing sounds a lot like Possum...who has a congenital neurological condition...if you remember. It's usually more common in albinos...but...I have noticed that Possum has gotten worse in many ways...his head seems to shake a bit more and he does things upside down more as he grows. Other than that, though, he is very active and healthy. It sounds like Derpy could have something like this that may be getting progressively worse....or he could continue on like Possum and learn to adjust. Possum always eats though...so I'm not sure. I hope Derby gets better and I will be thinking of both of you...keep us posted.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I hope little Derpy ends up ok! I know he's in good hands
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Marnie, it does seem like Derpy has what Possum has, but I think in derpy's case it had to have gotten worse for a reason. He's not really his usual self. The usual Derpy would never miss a meal, he would eat until he exploded, I'm not even kidding. He attempted to eat a pinky while I was feeding one of the other snakelets, he latched onto the one I gave Snakey and he did not want to let go. It's kind of cute. He's also extremely active and friendly. He's been resting a lot, and when he is up and moving around, he's very slow. Just an hour ago, he had a seizure and it was pretty bad. He started waving his head really fast, kind of like he was angry and getting ready to bite and then he twitched and rolled... And the worst part was he started striking over and over at me as if he was fighting for his life... It was horrible seeing him do that.
    He got a little active after he had rested, flicking his tongue and slithering around as if nothing even happened. He did something cute that he hasn't done before. He tried to get to my face, so I lifted him up a little bit... He just sniffed me and touched his nose to my lip, nose and my left eye.. He's just so sweet.

Right now, he's sleeping on my chest all coiled up. He's been here for 10-15 minutes.
    Chantel

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

He sounds adorable Hopefully he can adapt to his neurological issues.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis