Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New viv on it's way, advice please?

WOW! And it look incredibly easy to fit! Like the fact it has a switch on the wire too!

It is actually perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    There will be different shapes n sizes I'd personally wait till you have the viv so you know what size of gap you're dealing with.
    Yes, I need to be patient. I will wait till it has arrived, I CAN'T WAIT!
    Although I will have a look on eBay now just so I know how much

I love customising new things, I get excited easy as you can tell ha ha

DIRT CHEAP!

There is some self adhesive foam strip and it's only £1.85 for 9m!
    NINE METERS for ONE POUND EIGHTY FIVE that's just ridiculous

Shall look for something a bit more substantial though and maybe a bit more aesthetically pleasing

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JodiLeigh View Post
    PERFECT! That is exactly what I need! Thank you

I am actually going to Ikea with my sister on Monday as well!

How bright is it? Where have you fitted it in your enclosure?
    I've not fitted it permanently yet, I just have it resting on top of the grill. If I was fitting it properly I'd attach it to the top rear corner. It comes in 3 strips about 25cm each, and the viv I'm using it on is just a 60cm so I just use two of the 3. It's plenty bright enough to see what's going on.
    If you're visiting Ikea on Monday they have a selection of other LED lighting, I think this one is the cheapest at around £10. I have something similar in my bookshelves which has 4 strips with separate wires to each, so you could be more flexible on positioning the 4 strips - maybe an overkill and is twice the price.
    I have all my LEDs running on timer, so that they get a consistent day length. I'll vary it with the seasons, although the ones that live in the livingroom don't get much choice about extra light in the evening - they tend to be even snakes now, more active when we're active.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    It comes in 3 strips about 25cm each, and the viv I'm using it on is just a 60cm so I just use two of the 3. It's plenty bright enough to see what's going on.
    If you're visiting Ikea on Monday they have a selection of other LED lighting, I think this one is the cheapest at around £10.
    I guess I will just see when I get there and if I get this one I think I'll wait till I've set the viv up and see what looks best. I will have to take pictures and post them to show you what I come up with.

Timers! That is one thing I am missing, I think I could really do with timers as I often stay out so would be perfect. Do you just have those plug in things that you plug the lighting cable into?

Also about the sphagnum moss hide idea, what do you think to that?

Timers - yes, I have a bunch of plug in timers. Lights on one timer and heatmats on a different timer so that I can drop the temp at night available different time to the lights going off. That may be fussy, but I like having the control options. We've also got a more complex thermostat for one viv which does the temp drop on one socket and has a second timed socket for lights, expensive but does a good job.

Moss in the hide - good idea. I keep damp moss in the cold hides. A small block of dried sphagnum will last you ages.

It's good fun getting a new viv setup.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Chris...I would love to see some pics of your set-ups!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Chris...I would love to see some pics of your set-ups!
    Your wish is my command (unless the wife tells me not to)... http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/encl...terariums.html
    Chris