Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Re: Hello, from Snaky and I

welcome again....and yes we would like to know if you don't mind.......
    Justin

"First shed In Progress"

Re: 'GrapefruiTgirl

Nah, I don't mind at all. There are several reasons sort of combined:

Initially, because I love grapefruits; they're so healthy for us, and delicious too. They're round and yellow, and sometimes pink inside, making them visually appealing plus, they come from nice tropical areas, which I really prefer over my native climate.

I have been using the handle 'grapefruitgirl' on most every forum, website, profile, etc., that I join or am a member of, for several years now, so when I sign up somewhere, it's always the first username I try to use. People I know, know who grapefruitgirl is, and while the internet is a BIG place, it is *possible* to have signed up somewhere where someone one knows is also a member, thereby speeding up the process of discovering that your friend is there too .

If I were to suggest someone here go to Linuxquestions.org and read my thread about <blah-blah>, they would find me by this username.

It's also my email address currently in use, as well as having been used on previous mail systems I have used, like yah** and H*tmail.

Finally, and perhaps most indicative of my nature, is that 'GrapefruiTgirl' is a run-on of two words, 'grapefruit' and 'Tgirl', the former now self explanatory, and the latter explained very simply >HERE<

It's true the internet is huge, but I have also bumped into people I already know...shared interests I guess, so we tend to end up in the same places. The Tgirl part surprised me, but 'hey', whatever. Welcome to the forum, Sasha.
    James.

"First shed In Progress"

Thanks
    LOL Suprises abound on the 'net.

Cheers!

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

well explained and thanks for the info and as I said before welcome and
    hope you like it here as everyone else does..............we're all like an extended family here.....................
    Justin

Hi Sasha, and welcome!! This is indeed a fun forum. Hope you & Snaky like it here.
    :-)
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Howdy and welcome to the forum Sasha. That's cool that you've got a Maritime garter. I can honestly say they're one of my favorite subspecies of sirtalis, and actually I'm setting up a little "colony" of them. I've only got the two now (which took me MANY years to get my hands on), but hope to get more colour morphs and such in the future. What's your little Snaky look like? Pics would be cool too....always like seeing other people's Maritimes.

Roy
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus

"First shed In Progress"

Hi GarterGuy, and thanks for the welcome!
    Wow, it took you years to get yours huh? My property here is riddled with snakes though the buggers are hard to find, and QUICK to squiggle away when I find them, unless they're sunning in the woodpile, in which case they are quite relaxed and easy to scoop up
    I recently saw my FIRST green snake on this property, but he too squiggled away in a flash, and I haven't seen him since.
    I will be posting some pics soon, but meanwhile, I'll say she's 'classic' in appearance, very dark olive and black mostly, with a very pale/whitish underside and some yellow around her mouth & neck. She has a well defined checkered pattern along her sides, and for the most part lacks a dorsal stripe.
    She's very close to shedding at the moment and likely not seeing very well, so I am having to wait until she's in a mood to come out and have some pictures taken.
    When I have some pics, I'll start a thread or album so you can see her!

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Welcome here, Sasha!
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

"First shed In Progress"

Well thank you very much, Thamnophis