Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Translating app.?

It's true...the Spanish I learned in school is quite different than the Spanish that my Mexican side of the family speaks. I basically had to learn Mexican Spanish in order to speak correctly to them. However, if I speak the more formal Spanish that I learned in school...which is more like Spanish spoken in Spain...my family does understand what I am saying...they just laugh at me a lot.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I've noticed huge differences between American and Uk English.Some words have different meanings for example "fanny pack" has a VERY different meaning to people from the UK.lol
    Will

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -MARWOLAETH- View Post
    I've noticed huge differences between American and Uk English.Some words have different meanings for example "fanny pack" has a VERY different meaning to people from the UK.lol
    Yeah I've noticed that too, lol. Like most ppl in the UK refer to cigarettes as a... well in America it is considered a derogatory term.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that too, lol. Like most ppl in the UK refer to cigarettes as a... well in America it is considered a derogatory term.
    English in Britain varies also often dialects change within a matter of miles it's quit remarkable for such a small country.Also Welsh varies a lot.People from North Wales speak a very different Welsh to that which I speak.Those who aren't familiar with Welsh think it's a completely different language and I can't understand a bloody word their saying most of the time lol
    Will