Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    I moved them from the group bucket to individual plastic bowls with lids. It is much easier to monitor feedings and it seems to give them more of a sense of security. Some of the bigger ones I pair up in the bowls.
    As they grow i will eventually move them into their own tubs and give them their own space. As babies and very young reptiles i think keeping them together may help with the psychosocial behavior and development. As they get older i rather move them to their own space unless breeding is the intent.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Never shed

They each ate 2 white cloud minnows apiece today and are doing well. Im not sure when I should try introducing them to the terrarium, maybe get a few more meals in them first? The terrarium is a 20 gal crestie cage that I was given, so its more of a cube than a rectangle but the babies are so tiny I worry the cage is too big for them.

Hey paper, I would wait to put them into such a large enclosure. As they are very small and it may be too much space right now. I agree , get a few more meals into them and as they become more established in the smaller enclosure then you could consider placing them into a different larger one. When you do switch them as long as there are adequate hiding spaces and clutter and you make sure it's escape proof for the little ones.

Never shed

Will do! In that case I think Ill get a medium size cage to house them in for a while before putting them in the terrarium. Im fairly certain its escape proof cause the doors close pretty well but I think youre right that it will be better to have them grow up some more before placing them in there.

How have you been making out with the progress? Are the little gals and guy steady with the food intake and settling in to their surroundings?

Never shed

They just ate salmon yesterday & im setting up a 10 gal for them until theyre big enough to go into the terrarium. The injured female is almost totally healed up theres just a very small scab left.

Quote Originally Posted by paperfeathers View Post
    They just ate salmon yesterday & im setting up a 10 gal for them until theyre big enough to go into the terrarium. The injured female is almost totally healed up theres just a very small scab left.
    Wow! That is such good news. Try to fit some cut up pink mice parts too. They will need that to compliment their nutritional status. They really should be able to take 1 day old pink mice whole pretty soon. Great. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by paperfeathers View Post
    You'll probably get a spontaneous shed to remove that scab and aid in healing.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Those females should actually be ready for a 1 day old pink mouse cut lengthwise. Cut them before thawing them out to minimize the guts and gore. Only if you can handle it. But they need the rodent in the diet.

Never shed

The male shed this morning so the rest should be shedding soon too. They ate some guppies today but I will pick up a small pinky to feed the females for next time.