Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: R.i.P. Sledge, my hoggie :(

OMG you scared me to death!!!!! And then I was laughing so hard I ALMOST forgive you!!!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Well.... my heart pretty much stopped anyway when I opened the tub and saw that. I mean... i literally thought he was dead!!! then I saw a tongue flick. I went from being SO sad to laughing hysterically in about 3 seconds... it was an emotional rollercoaster. I have a somewhat dryer sense of humor than most people, in fact my sense of humor is probably far more dry, desensitized, and twisted than your average person.... so the title does not really bother me... if it went too far...sorry if I made you upset wayne!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

^

^

^ probably my most favorite picture in the whole world.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

sounds like my sense of humor.....my whole family is twisted.....cracking jokes when my dad passed away....

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post

^

^

^ probably my most favorite picture in the whole world.
    great photo....looks like he's ready to start laughing at you!!!!!!! biiiiiig smile!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssssnakeluvr View Post
    sounds like my sense of humor.....my whole family is twisted.....cracking jokes when my dad passed away....

well... I probably wouldn't do THAT... but I am somewhat a desensitized individual when it comes to emotional attachment to things, epsecially my snakes. I love them a whole whole lot but i always keep in mind that snakes can be unpredictable at times and some things are out of my control. I had to put down my best colored non-oregon unred spotless tonight, he was only half the size of the other snakes I got with him and pencil lead thin. It made me sad... but i kind of saw it coming pretty early on.

I love my snakes to death... apparently, Sledge tried to show me the literal effect of that.

"Preparing For Second shed" NetBSD's Avatar

lol thats great. is this normal for them?

Is his personality always like this or was he hamming it up for the camera? You two should take this show on the road.

well usually he is a pretty average little hoggie... I am not sure what the heck i could have done to scare him almost to DEATH! I jstu opened up the tub and thee he was! upside down and covered in his own urine! upon realizing he was faking it.... and calming myself down... I wiped of the urine and ran for the camera and he was still like that when i got back! So then I decided to test what I had always heard... that hognoses will "die" all over again if picked up and placed rightside up. Turns out.. its true! he even gapes his mouth as WIDE as he can and sticks his tongue out and lets it hang limply... which I didnt get to photograph before he stopped.

my boyfrind happened to look over my shoulder at me cropping the first picture before i had said anything and he went OH MY GOD what IS that?!

Now we have sledge's upside down smirk on ourlaptops, AND our cellphone backgrounds.

In Hog Heaven

Shannon, I found no humor whatsoever in the title of your thread.

My heart broke for you... I suffered through everyone of your pictures thinking your poor Hoggy was in his last death throws, suffering more as each picture was presented.

Not funny. At all. You should be ashamed - particulary with the deaths we've had recently of our friends' garters.
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello