Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fraud!!!!!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Fraud!!!!!

If you think that a crime has been committed (which you obviously do as you are calling the transaction you made with the unnamed breeder fraudulent) then report it to the relevant authorities.
    There's nothing that anyone on the forum can do to help - except if you have reason to believe that someone else on here has regular contact with the breeder, in that case you could ask that person if they'd be willing to contact the breeder on your behalf, it may make no difference but if there's been a simple misunderstanding it could clear things up. Of course, unless you read a lot of background posts you don't really know who has regular contact with who, but it's about all you can do on the forum.

I don't know what you hope to gain by posting vague descriptions of your experience. It doesn't serve as information that could be useful to anyone else buying snakes. If the breeders has really defrauded you then privately naming them to a moderator could enable them to prevent the breeder advertising on here again.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    I don't know what you hope to gain by posting vague descriptions of your experience. It doesn't serve as information that could be useful to anyone else buying snakes. If the breeders has really defrauded you then privately naming them to a moderator could enable them to prevent the breeder advertising on here again.
    The idea was that this thread would motivate the other person to keep his word. Apparently, it's not working.

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

I would like to know who Journey Fan is referring to, not to start trouble, but because I am always adding to my collection of garters and 90% of them come from members on this site and Journey Fan previously stated in a similar thread that this person has been a member here for a while and I don't want to be this person's next victim :l

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    I would like to know who Journey Fan is referring to, not to start trouble, but because I am always adding to my collection of garters and 90% of them come from members on this site and Journey Fan previously stated in a similar thread that this person has been a member here for a while and I don't want to be this person's next victim :l
    I agree.
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

I sort of agree but at the same time we don't know for sure that Journeyfan is telling the truth either...no offense...but...I don't think it's a good idea to slander anyone on here. Furthermore, Journeyfan...I'm not sure what you think you will accomplish by repeatedly complaining about this on here. It isn't as if we have any authority over snake breeding business transactions. And no offense again, but you paid in a money order which is always taking a risk. I always check around and get recommendations on breeders before purchasing snakes and make sure the money transaction is safe.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

^^^^

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Hey journey fan i hate what you are going through right now. I know that this forum has a tight relationship and we all trust each other. I hope that this is a miscommunication situation and that everything works out for both you and the seller. I have always had a fear of this happening because it happens all the time on other sites and all it takes is one bad apple to spoil everyone. I know most of the breeders on here and they are all stand up people and i can't think of one that would scam anybody not saying that your claim is not true just stating that we all on this forum have a tight relationship and that to me is what makes thamnophis.com so special. I personally don't have a paypal account so i ask for check or money orders on my transactions, but i always give three or four references, my phone number, address, and what ever it takes to make the customer feel secure. I hope things can continue the same on this forum as we all have became friends and we enjoy seeing our snakes grow on various threads. I hope you and the seller come to an agreement and get this thing resolved. I wish you the best of luck on this situation.
    Bluesirtalis

There is an element of irony here that is mildly amusing.

(sorry it's at your expense journey fan, I know it will be corrected in the end..)

I don't think this is a fraud situation but more of inability of the seller to communicate at this time.

It is frustrating to not have any answers though. Hang in there.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    but you paid in a money order which is always taking a risk.
    How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I never send money orders or..]
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    I don't have a paypal account so i ask for check or money orders on my transactions
    Same here, but no checks. And the money orders MUST be a domestic United States Postal Service money order and filled out before mailing. I insist on that mainly because if it gets lost in the mail, stolen and cashed by forgery/alteration, etc. The postal service will replace them for free (after 60 days for lost/missing ones) They even cover fraud, meaning if you use them and someone cashes them and fails to deliver your product, you will eventually get your money back. So pretty much like paypal. That is why some breeders such as scott give the alternative to pay by money order but only take USPS money orders.

Cash is fine too if I'm on the receiving end, LoL But seriously, sent with tracking and/or express it's reasonably safe. I wouldn't want people sending cash without tracking/signature required.

But seriously, I think there's a process before you call something fraud. Like, the money order has to be cashed first off, and I think 30 days later you can call it fraud. Before both those things happen, the authorities won't even take a report because no crime has taken place.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 10-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.