Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: baby snake

Re: baby snake

IMG_5391.jpgIMG_5388.jpgIMG_5381.jpg

sorry it took so long so what do you think and an update on the baby hes still moving upside down

In my opinion it is in a common location for a subcutaneous worm.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Blisters are clear and whitish in color and fluid filled. This looks more suspicious. Does it feel soft or hard when you press on it? In either case, the definitive diagnosis will come from the exotic vet.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Old and wise snake

Worm

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Ok, in my opinion that look's like a fluke (subcutaneous worm) which is very common in snakes fed live fish or wc individuals. In my understanding flukes have to be treated with praziquantal and usually the visual worms are removed from the animals skin. I don't think that panacur and flagyl will treat against this parasite. The male should be fine if treated, but that baby has some neuro issues and will probably never snap out of it. He can still live and survive, but will probably always be disoriented. If it is a vitamin b deficiency he probably won't survive. Good luck with them.
    Bluesirtalis

Old and wise snake

Agreed and agreed. Good luck with the baby. I have had the Fluke issue many years ago when I feed minnows to snakes. I would wipe some ambesol on the area wait a few minutes then make a small incision with a scalpel then squeeze it like a zit. the worm would come out and i would slowly remove the whole thing with tweezers. Snake will heal completely in 2 or 3 sheds.

ok so idk why i did it but i listen and i cut a little incision in the side of the adult red phase male and sqweezed the bump never seen a worm but blood came out i cleaned the area before and after the bump seems to be slowly going away so im not sure if it was a blister or some type of cyst anyhow if there was a worm i didnt see i guess it could have moved i doubt it tho but i kno one thing forsure i will never to this at home again i plan to take him to the vet next week in the mean time he is on paper towels with polysporin looks like he lost a hole scale or two from me squeezing the fluid out do you think it will grow back

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

It should heal just fine in a few sheds. Just make sure to keep him clean.
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by gartergabe View Post
    ok so idk why i did it but i listen and i cut a little incision in the side of the adult red phase male and sqweezed the bump never seen a worm but blood came out i cleaned the area before and after the bump seems to be slowly going away so im not sure if it was a blister or some type of cyst anyhow if there was a worm i didnt see i guess it could have moved i doubt it tho but i kno one thing forsure i will never to this at home again i plan to take him to the vet next week in the mean time he is on paper towels with polysporin looks like he lost a hole scale or two from me squeezing the fluid out do you think it will grow back
    Nice job. If it was a worm and you didn't see it it's possible that it was deeper. If there is a core that remains internally you will see it return. Hopefully that's not what it is. With the baby snake if you sprinkle his food ( if he's still eating) with multivitamins and that's truly what he has (vitamin b deficiency) that can be reversed. Usually over time but you should see improvements once he starts getting the vitamin into his system.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Nice job. If it was a worm and you didn't see it it's possible that it was deeper. If there is a core that remains internally you will see it return. Hopefully that's not what it is. With the baby snake if you sprinkle his food ( if he's still eating) with multivitamins and that's truly what he has (vitamin b deficiency) that can be reversed. Usually over time but you should see improvements once he starts getting the vitamin into his system.
    Also, I was referring to reptIle multivitamins just to be clear. Reptivite is one Tetra fauna also has a brand.