Page 171 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 711211611691701711721731812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Yeah... not as glib about the whole thing as I was earlier. My whole upper body hurts, my neck and back are killing me, my headache is here to stay, and I've been nauseous all day. Porbably a wee bit of a concussion. Not taking a pain killer as I'm trying to stay awake. Ugh. Tomorrow will be a better day... I hope :-)

The mustang should not be here, truly, as I'm not qualified to deal with him. But there was nowhere else for him to go... and we still have not found anyone else to take him on. He's a bit of a problem, thru no fault of his own... he was wild caught by the BLM, then one of the hundreds that gets adopted out to the wrong people. He was badly abused for 2 years. So he's not only wild, he's abused wild... the poor guy, none of this is his fault. If there was some way I could send him to a sancutary to live out his days as a wild horse again, I would, but the sanctuaries are all full... I keep trying tho.

Anyway... not the first time, won't be the last I get kicked!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    Yeah... not as glib about the whole thing as I was earlier. My whole upper body hurts, my neck and back are killing me, my headache is here to stay, and I've been nauseous all day. Porbably a wee bit of a concussion. Not taking a pain killer as I'm trying to stay awake. Ugh. Tomorrow will be a better day... I hope :-)

The mustang should not be here, truly, as I'm not qualified to deal with him. But there was nowhere else for him to go... and we still have not found anyone else to take him on. He's a bit of a problem, thru no fault of his own... he was wild caught by the BLM, then one of the hundreds that gets adopted out to the wrong people. He was badly abused for 2 years. So he's not only wild, he's abused wild... the poor guy, none of this is his fault. If there was some way I could send him to a sancutary to live out his days as a wild horse again, I would, but the sanctuaries are all full... I keep trying tho.

Anyway... not the first time, won't be the last I get kicked!!

Lori, upper body pain, bad headache that won't go away, nausea, and sleepyness, fatigue is a sign of severe concussion........... you should see a Doctor..........its not something to over look......I've seen many in sports, and even know of some one who has died because they put it off like no big deal...........I'm not a Doctor, but think you should see one....

p.s. may even have a little whip lash!!!
    Justin

Justin... I pretty much have to be bleeding from the eyes before I'll go to the doctor... lol. But if I'm not better tomorrow I'll go. I just don't feel like he hit me hard enough for a bad concussion. I'm going more with the whiplash idea... thanks so much for your concern... :-) :-)
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Lori
    make sure you take good care of your head and neck
    those are important body parts
    I'm curious - how is that mustang with other horses?
    perhaps you've got some matronly mare you could stick him with?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Rhea-- he is fine with the other horses-- as long as they are healthy. He is a demon to new rescues coming in (typical wild horse-- he protects his herd with a vengence, chases off the weak ones). My last matronly type mare passed away a while back, and he has bonded very tightly to one of the geldings over the younger mares which I think is interesting. Here's his story if you're interested:

(Gunny)Page Title

He's come a long way working in the round pen, but it's me who doesn't know how to take him further. And once out of the round pen, he's back to the wild mustang... it doesn't carry over. I really would love to find a sanctuary where he can just be free of humans... which seems to be his preference. I wonder how many more of the BLM mustangs end up like Gunny...
    www.newhoperescueva.com

thanks Lori
    what a story - poor guy
    not many places they let a horse roam any more
    why does the BLM catch them anyway?
    is it a space thing or are they raising money selling these horses?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Rhea, I think it's mostly a population control program. I don't think they make any money off of adoptions, as the fees are so low. But it's a government program so who knows what the whole story is. My thinking is-- if they are rounding them up anyway-- why not geld the stallions and sterilize the mares and turn them back out?? I'd think a birth control program would be better... they'd always miss a few so the herds would still reproduce, just not as quickly...
    www.newhoperescueva.com

My thinking is-- if they are rounding them up anyway-- why not geld the stallions and sterilize the mares and turn them back out?? I'd think a birth control program would be better... they'd always miss a few so the herds would still reproduce, just not as quickly...
    that does sound like a much better idea
    I have some others, but they're all in the utopian realm (requiring humans to change)
    rhea

Oh, yeah, good luck with THAT!!!

On a snakey note, Mordecai is getting ready to shed again!! He just shed on Oct 28th. He must be having a growth spurt! Grow, Mordecai, grow!!!
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Justin... I pretty much have to be bleeding from the eyes before I'll go to the doctor... lol. But if I'm not better tomorrow I'll go. I just don't feel like he hit me hard enough for a bad concussion. I'm going more with the whiplash idea... thanks so much for your concern... :-) :-)

just be careful, its better to be safe than sorry..........
    Justin