Page 170 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 701201601681691701711721802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by anji1971 View Post
    And right now I'm going to go give my kids a big hug just because!
    I might go look in on Molly, although she's fast asleep in bed.
    James.

Such an unspeakable thing... and seems to be more and more common lately. I keep trying to talk my sister into homeschooling her baby when the time comes... I'm already scared for her to send him off to public school!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    Such an unspeakable thing... and seems to be more and more common lately. I keep trying to talk my sister into homeschooling her baby when the time comes... I'm already scared for her to send him off to public school!!
    I think it's horrible when it happens, but I don't think of it as becoming more common
    we know very little about homicidal maniacs and disturbed individuals of the past, because they were never publicized like they are today to serve as inspiration to other deranged individuals
    the same persons may have chosen different, equally horrible actions, if they hadn't known about this particular method of getting back at the world
    there is no way to guarantee absolute safety for our children
    the likelyhood of encountering a shooter in public school is no higher than many other places
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I´m scared to hear about one killing spree after another but....
    We have to hear about all this kind around the world and hear nothing about hundreds or thousands of schools without such trouble!
    Allready waiting for the sommer
    best wishes bis bald Udo
    Breeding Redsides EGSA-Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by zooplan View Post
    We have to hear about all this kind around the world and hear nothing about hundreds or thousands of schools without such trouble!
    So true, the media love a good blood-fest!
    James.

And afterwards, every news report includes an interview with some hack psychologist, who always seem to me to be full of you-know-what. Can't they just admit that they don't have a bloody clue what happened to that guy or how to prevent things like this from happening? Frankly, I'm *this* close to starting to consider psychology a pseudo-science, because of them.

just remember that the more common ways to get killed don't make much of a story

Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 31 minutes and nonfatally injure someone every two minutes(NHTSA 2006).

that's more kids in a month than ten years worth of school shootings
    it's no less of a tragedy and possibly more preventable
    (not to minimize the tragedy of school shootings)
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Oooooh guys... I think I just realized why I like snakes... they don't have hooves!!!! LOL

Just got kicked slam in the chin by the previosly (well, still) wild mustang we have here... luckily, I was standing very close behind him, or I wouldn't be laughing about it now!! I was walking past him to turn on the water, and for some reason, today was the day that someone walking behind him freaked him out. I must say, he has quite an upper cut. Being a nice, peaceful girl, I've never been hit in the face... you know, never been in a bar fight... interesting experience.

Owweee. Now have a ringing headache. And will have a lovely bruise tomorrow. But hey-- for the first and possibly only time in my life, I'll get to say:

"Yeah-- but you should see the other guy!"
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

OOOUUUCHHH!!!! Now I know why I've never really been a big fan of horses! Beautiful to look at, but they scare the hell out of me up close. And besides, they don't fight fair, kicking you when you're not looking, or stepping on your feet and just standing there grinning, like the one I met in my younger days!
    Anji

"PM Boots For Custom Title"

lori, unlucky! just be glad it wasn't worse than a ringing headache. you could have been seriously injured from that but i am really glad you wasn't