Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: T. eques cuitzeoensis behaviour

Yep, they're 2010s.
    The female has been feeding really well from tongs up until Monday. I was making good progress getting her to come up to the front of the viv to feed from them. I have hand fed her a pinky as well, but her feeding has been quite aggressive lately, so I've not done that for a couple of months.
    The male will tong feed, but prefers not to expose too much of himself outside the hide, although last night he was tong feeding with just a plant as cover.

Are any of yours breeding this year Joe? I heard that the 2009 pair that JohnC has (the only other person I know with Cuitzeos in the UK) were looking like breeding after their brumation. I'll be brumating these two in the autumn and seeing how we get on.

Out of interest, what sort of size are yours? Our female is 164g and about 1m long maybe a little longer, the male is 82g and about 75-80cm long (as of their March weigh in).
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

our 2010s could possibly be sibs, did you get paperwork on yours, mine are 1 x 15. I dont know exactly how big they are...average size for their age. My 2009s were showing breeding interest recently...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    our 2010s could possibly be sibs, did you get paperwork on yours, mine are 1 x 15. I dont know exactly how big they are...average size for their age. My 2009s were showing breeding interest recently...
    My male is tec47 (1 x 15) - so a sib of your 2010s (are all of yours from the same litter?).
    My female is tec77 (12 or 13 x 14) so not related to yours.

Are Cuitzeos so difficult to get hold of in the US that you needed to get them shipped back across the Atlantic? I'd assumed that they'd be relatively easy to bring up from Mexico, although the fact that they are so good looking and not so common is probably the proof I need that I assumed wrong.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

my 2010s are 1 x 15, my 09 is 1 x 15 and my 09 female is 2 x 3. AS far as i know all mexican flora and fauna are protected from collection. I hope peolpe understand what a privledge it is to own this species.

...only the best is good enough for me chris-uk

my 2010s are 1 x 15, my 09 is 1 x 15 and my 09 female is 2 x 3.
    A good selection you have there, I hope you have some success breeding them so that others on your side of the pond can be lucky enough to experience them.

AS far as i know all mexican flora and fauna are protected from collection. I hope peolpe understand what a privledge it is to own this species.
    My pair will want for nothing, and I know John takes very good care of all his snakes. I didn't realise that they couldn't be collected in Mexico any more, I assume Steve Bol either obtained a permit or collected his WC before the restrictions came into place. That makes looking after the CB Cuitzeos all the more important.
    Chris

well if you ever breed yours its very possible they may end up in my hands lol

well if you ever breed yours its very possible they may end up in my hands lol
    You're assuming that there aren't enough people asking for them in the UK, but if you need different bloodlines I'm sure we could swap some over. I'm hoping between myself and JohnC that we can establish a good population of them here in the Midlands.
    Chris

no what im saying is...its a small world

Lacci has blued up her eyes, so another shed coming... I'd say she'll shed next Tuesday if she sticks to her usual schedule. It's bad timing because I went to a reptile enthusiasts meeting in Birmingham last night, I had planned to take her but the bluing eyes put paid to that. At the moment she's hiding away in the warm hide while I try to bump the humidity up a bit from the low 40's.

I ended up taking Vlad instead, and whilst he's normally more jumpy he was very well behaved. Unfortunately he didn't win the competition for best animal in the room (he scored several votes though) but I'm pleased to say that the competion was won by a garter... a San Fran.
    Chris