Page 140 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 40901301381391401411421501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Garters are small, not very intimidating and they aren't foolproof. That's why.

Ahhhh... people want big tough looking snakes. Hey, I've seen Mordecai shoot me the evil eye a couple of times. Scared me... lol!!

What do you mean by foolproof?
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

For example, they have dietary requirements that they don't share with, say, 95% of the other snake species that people keep. Most snakes that we keep seem to be specialized in rodents. Not only do you need to give a garter fish, it needs to be the right kind of fish or the snake will die.

A picky corn or ball python might only eat gerbils, a picky garter will only eat worms cut into 1" pieces off a silver platter under a blanket with the lights turned off.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Got it!!!!!!!! But isn't that half the fun, learning each snake's particular tastes? It is for us, I suppose. Thank you Stefan!!!!! :-)
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    ... a picky garter will only eat worms cut into 1" pieces off a silver platter under a blanket with the lights turned off.
    So, Stefan, is that what's become of the snake you were having so much trouble getting to eat???
    Anji

Might be worth a try, with 1" pieces of fish or mice instead of worms. Anyway, that girl will have to make a choice between starving and eating very soon.

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Try fish, by candlelight, with flowers and romantic music..........is that not a good way to win a girl's heart? er....or stomach, in this case..........
    Anji

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Garters are small, not very intimidating and they aren't foolproof. That's why.
    foolproof LOL
    Small and cheap, thats their desteny.
    Lots of them are sold in pet stores dying after a few weeks at the enclosure of a keeper without any knowledge.
    When I have a table on a smaller faier, where most visitors are families I can often here:" Oh garters, I had some when I was a child!"
    Allready waiting for the sommer
    best wishes bis bald Udo
    Breeding Redsides EGSA-Chairman

Today was nuts!!! An abandon building a block from, me caught flame!!!! Arson , no doubt. I got interview for the news!!!!woot:woot!
    Josh

0.0.2 T.s.sirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by zooplan View Post
    foolproof LOL
    Small and cheap, thats their desteny.
    Lots of them are sold in pet stores dying after a few weeks at the enclosure of a keeper without any knowledge.
    When I have a table on a smaller faier, where most visitors are families I can often here:" Oh garters, I had some when I was a child!"
    Yeah, I've heard that from a couple of people who have since switched to hot snakes and are doing pretty well. Like I love pointing out, few people keep garters long enough to learn anything about them, I suppose they are just practice snakes for fans of the "Trial & Error" method of learning.

I made a Finnish page about garters a while back and now people keep contacting me when something happens to their garters. Boils, cysts, infections, accidents, cat bites.. Can't decide if I should remove my name from the site or add a few more disclaimers.