Page 1396 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 396896129613461386139413951396139713981406 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,960 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I get a lot of channels with my cable package but only use a handful. Yesterday, I took the time to cruise all the channels available.
    It appears all the channels are offering the same load of _________ . Different names for the shows but it's all the same.
    I kept saying to myself "Who gives a crap"
    Please give me something that stimulates my brain, something that makes me better as a human.
    All this stuff does is lowers my IQ and makes me cynical about the rest of humanity.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Fourth shed In Progress" slipknot711's Avatar

i like crime shows lol. but discovery i can be a place to learn some cool stuff
    Ashley: instagram-> @ashes1187

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Steve I agree with you 100%
    I watch about 7 channels and use Apple TV to watch old shows I liked as a kid or never saw the first time around. I have a rule that if a show is just to stupid I do not watch it. There are so many shows that show how the country is just going downhill fast. I'm sure I sound like an old man but it is sad to see the over the top reality shows where people will do anything to get their 15 minutes.

it used to be if you did something really mean, dumb or bizarre you paid the price but now you get your own show or on another reality show. To each his own I guess. I with they had A la carte packages

Sorry to hear about your dog. I bet there were lots of good times spent with her and the family

Jimi
    Please do not drink and drive

Every month I pay my cell phone bill, I get upset. I have to pay for far more voice minutes then I use. I use Sprint and pay $35 a month.
    The other day I found a cell service company tailor made for me. Looks like my bill will be dropping to under $20.00 a month. If you're in the same boat as me when it comes to paying for more then you use send me a PM and I'll give you the info.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Where's the Jan photo comp? :P
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmonsta View Post
    Where's the Jan photo comp? :P
    Up. Got the theme from last months winner a few minutes ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Every month I pay my cell phone bill, I get upset. I have to pay for far more voice minutes then I use. I use Sprint and pay $35 a month.
    Wow. a friend of mine in california got suckered into 3 year contracts at $65/month for unlimited everything because he was fixated on the per minute rates of the different plans, and initial cost of a phone, instead of looking at the big picture so they suckered him into unlimited when he uses only perhaps around 45 talk minutes per month. Been paying that rate for years and barely uses his phone. I told him he's nuts he's getting ripped off big time. I use more minutes than that, perhaps 150-250 and I only have to pay $19 /month, no contract to get unlimited everything including data/web browsing. I did recently buy a new fancy touch screen phone for under $100 that can do all that but I still don't use it for web browsing or email. All the minutes I need are costing me about $10 , about every other month and unused minutes roll over for 90 days from the date of the last airtime card I put on it. In other words, I'm probably using more than you are but I don't have a bill due every month. I pay only as I need it. About $10 every other month.

Just a tracfone and this very capable touch screen phone, the tracfone LG 840 G, was only $48 with the case and I love it. Nice phone. Looks and feels expensive but it's not. If you don't live on the phone texting and browsing the web all the time tracfone/pay as you go, is the way to go and even if you do use heavily and browse, $19/month will do.

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Sounds like it fits your need perfectly. My two sisters have the same phone as you

I pay $50 unlimited everything and I use it as it is my office for for my Recording studio and music lessons. It is also synced with the 4 different mac's I work on at the studio, lesson rooms and home. The main reason I got the iPhone was I get lots of voicemails and I do not have to call to get them. I just listen to them on the phone. I was tired of calling my voice-mail constantly to get caught up.

I am a techno geek because of the music business side of my job but I really do not like talking on the phone. I leave it in the car when I go to stores and I never text when I am talking to someone. It is my lifeline for bringing home the bacon $$$ though.
    Last edited by Chulio; 01-28-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: correction
    Please do not drink and drive

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I'd heard that you get badly stung on long, expensive mobile phone contracts in the States. We can get pretty much unlimited everything for about £15 on some networks with a two year contract. I currently pay £10/mth on a 30 day rolling contract, it gives me more calls and data than I use. To get that price I bought the phone outright so that I didn't have to sign up for a two year contract, the Nexus 5 is a top notch smartphone and cost less than £300 to buy. To get it free on a contract I would have been paying £25/mth more for two years - so over the life of the contract I'd have paid twice as much and with no flexibility to change network if a better deal comes along.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Banned

it's the same with broadband over there. Low prices and a lot of competition. Providers here are essentially a monoply. Very limited. in fact, there's only one choice of provider at my address and they charge nearly $70 a month for 1.2 Gb /second cable broadband internet. It's that or 4g mobile web for the same price but I can't get reception at home. gotta go half a mile west. it's ridiculous. Used to be able to get 12-16 gb/sec for that price.