Page 1387 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 387887128713371377138513861387138813891397 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,870 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

A Natural Law/Resource-Based Economy is to be defined as: “An adaptive socio-economic system actively derived from direct physical reference to the governing scientific laws of nature.”

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    A Natural Law/Resource-Based Economy is to be defined as: “An adaptive socio-economic system actively derived from direct physical reference to the governing scientific laws of nature.”
    I'd like to argue that my own crystal / homeopathy / coffee enema / EM-field based socio-economic system is the better choice and far more accurately "derived from direct physical reference to the governing scientific laws of nature".

Self-descriptions are always horse****.

Banned

OK.

Last edited by ConcinusMan; 09-20-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Banned

Starbucks... eat your heart out.

Banned

Next in line, get your "grumpy frog" squeak toy at a retailer near you...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    hey has anyone here seen the 4 part series "The Men Who Built America" on The History Channel? its about Vanderbilt, J.P. Morgan, John D. Rockefeller, (sp?) Andrew Carnegie and a few others?

i was just wondering because its VERY interesting
    Yes, it's very interesting how they built the model that is what we currently call an "economy" when it's really an anti-economy that is designed to enslave the masses and make 1-2% very, very rich. This has happened before in "advanced" ancient human societies/civilizations. They all collapsed when the masses realized they were being enslaved and local natural resources were depleted. "The bubble burst'" so to speak. What makes you think today's society is any different? It is different but only because it's now on a global scale, not just local. Survivors/pioneers of ancient collapsing societies could just move and establish another society in a new area rich in natural resources. Only problem is, we cant just move now. There is no "away" to go to. We would need to another planet, not just another continent. We have reached our peak as a species. There is no way to go from here but down. Denial will get you nowhere. You'll still be on earth. The matter your body is made of is of this earth, and to this earth it will return. The epoch we live in is coming to an end and when it does, earth will be unrecognizable to us, and 10 million or more years later our existence as a species will be nothing more than a "blip" http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/history_..._earth/Archean

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    It's doubtful, considering that they'd need to relocate most of San Francisco, down to the last brick, to restore the habitat.
    Even then it won't matter. Millions of cubic tons of ice is melting every year. Soon enough, every brick will be under sea water. The hills east of SF will be nothing more than tiny offshore islands.

I couldn't find the exact post Stefan, but I argued that massive global change and mass extinction was really no big deal in the context of the entire history of life on earth. you argued that is a big deal and told me "don't ignore the cost" or what in took to mean "what was lost" with each mass extinction. You kept saying something to the effect of "you're thinking in geological time again"

You're damn right because it's the only thing that really matters. Our petty lives and even the entire history of our evolution as a species is nothing more than a blink. a mere second in time. You only think in terms of human concerns and time. What's the word for "egocentric" but instead of pertaining to ones self or an individual, you apply it to our species as a whole? I dunno know the word but you're arrogant. But put into context, Our entire species is arrgant. Somehow we're "better" or "superior" We've already forgotten that climate change nearly wiped us out of existence not so long ago. Ego, and Our Egocentric Lives | WTM

You're damn right because it's the only thing that really matters.
    To whom?

To whom?
    Precicely, I would like to think that if my grand children would like to one day see let's say the Berrier Reef, that it would still be there for them.

Banned

To whom?
    To most people apparently. Otherwise we wouldn't be destroying our ecosystem and leaving the mess for future generations. What do you care if we all extinct? Not going to happen in your lifetime. Instead of feeling sad and upset about what we've done to the planet I take comfort in the fact that nothing we've done will permanently snuff out life. It's just part of another cycle and a new epoch will begin. Also I said before I think at this point there's nothing we can do to halt the 6th mass extinction. It's already well underway and accelerating. We'll be next, but it could take anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand years. By then you and I will be dust and nobody will even remember we existed or remember what we did or didn't do to stop it. I don't know about you but i find that strangely comforting.

To most people apparently.
    How about answering the question.