Page 1386 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 386886128613361376138413851386138713881396 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,860 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

The way I got my netbook was I helped a friend move and commented "what a neat little computer". He was like "you want it? It got a virus and I don't know how to fix it. Cant run system recovery because it can't find the hard drive. It boots up fine but then that fake antivirus thing runs. Shop wants more than it's worth to fix it. Only reason I didn't throw it away is because it's just not right to put that kind of waste in a landfill and I haden't gotten around to recycling it".

Immediately I knew what the problem was and knew I could fix it. Virus corrupted the boot sector. Just had to overwrite the boot sector of the drive with "standard" XP boot info, run D2D system recovery, and "viola!". One less computer gets wasted. Thing runs great and i'll probably use it another 4 years. I mean, why must one have the latest when this thing does the job just fine? Best darn free computer I ever got. I like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aspire-ZG5-I...61276723967%26

Banned

Speaking of intentionally making stuff to break down..

Just had a multispeed remote controlled fan quit on me. Dang thing is only 3 yrs old. Ridiculous. Fans my parents bought when we were kids lasted 20 years.

I've watched all my favorite brands go to crap over the years. Stuff used to be durable and long lasting, now they're disposable. Sony, Black & Decker, Kitchenaid, LG, the list goes on.

Banned

looks like fall weather is here. After a record breaking high of 101 F last week, We are beginning the downhill slide. Snakes are returning to their dens and the season will soon come to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Speaking of intentionally making stuff to break down..

Just had a multispeed remote controlled fan quit on me. Dang thing is only 3 yrs old. Ridiculous. Fans my parents bought when we were kids lasted 20 years.

I've watched all my favorite brands go to crap over the years. Stuff used to be durable and long lasting, now they're disposable. Sony, Black & Decker, Kitchenaid, LG, the list goes on.
    Somewhere there's a light bulb that has been burning for something like 110 years.

A company an acquaintance works for almost went under because the stuff they manufactured was too durable. They started making crap and suddenly their customers started ordering more products, spare parts and repairs.

Banned

Yeah, I get that. Unless people refuse to buy ****** products, nothing will change. and if they do, the companies that make durables, go under. Like I was saying money is a problem. We're never going to approach sustainability and efficiency as long as money is used as a medium of exchange. Until then we do what's profitable, not what's right and good for the planet.

"Preparing For Second shed" gibble888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Yeah, I get that. Unless people refuse to buy ****** products, nothing will change. and if they do, the companies that make durables, go under. Like I was saying money is a problem. We're never going to approach sustainability and efficiency as long as money is used as a medium of exchange. Until then we do what's profitable, not what's right and good for the planet.
    It would be easier to choose well made if the shelves werent lined with china SCRAP!!

Banned

Banned

Can't view the video from a U.S. IP address.

Would it help if I said "bloody hell!" ??

Attenborough on the Yeti Mystery | Blog | Eden Channel

Banned

Cute

Ta for the video,But
    Will