Page 1379 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 379879127913291369137713781379138013811389 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

i was actually just referring to the zoo idea but your right about every last brick. Even if they take that golf course where the snakes used to live it will probably take 10 or more years just to get that land in the right condition and im not just talking about, let it go and let nature take over, but if they go in and tear down the buildings and all it could make it worse with diesel fuel, oil, and other contaminates being put into the ground from the equipment
    2.2.1Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis Ekoh, Amaunet, Emily, Copper,
    1.0 Canis familiaris Chihuahua Hershey
    1.1 Felis catus Jinx and Rocky

Where understanding lives, danger (and fear) dies.

today is the second time now that i have changed the information on baby garter snakes and what they eat on the real wikipedia page
    Garter snake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

first time i had to take goldfish and crickets off the list and today, i had to take off tadpoles and mealworms, and add worms silversides and pinky pieces i need to figure out how to reference the care sheet from here so people stop adding wrong information

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    and today, i had to take off tadpoles and mealworms, and add worms silversides and pinky pieces
    Nothing wrong with tadpoles if you can get them from a parasite free source. Tadpoles are a staple food for many species in the wild.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    The population is stable and at capacity. Lack of snakes is not the problem. It's lack of habitat. What habitat is left is fragmented and under constant threat of pollution, development, invasive species, etc. The snake is not going extinct. That's not why it's listed. There are many thousands of snakes and the population is stable and self-sustaining. The only way it's going to increase is if habitats are created/restored making room for more snakes. The snake is not actually in immediate danger of extinction but their habitat is. There's not much of it left and much of it is already unprotected private property. If the owners decide to develop it, there's not much they can do to stop it.
    ok see i was under the impression that when an animal was classified as endangered it is in danger of becoming extinct. i also thought it was the number as well as habitat concerns that placed it on the list

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Nothing wrong with tadpoles if you can get them from a parasite free source. Tadpoles are a staple food for many species in the wild.
    i honestly didn't think there would be a parasite free source, although, i've never looked into it.

ok see i was under the impression that when an animal was classified as endangered it is in danger of becoming extinct. i also thought it was the number as well as habitat concerns that placed it on the list
    Guidelines for Using the IUCN Red List
    Categories and Criteria Version 8.1

http://www.nationalredlist.org/files...N-Red-List.pdf

is there anyone here from Sweden?

is there anyone here from Sweden?
    I think Stefan is as close as we get to Sweden.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    And I do every year although the bounty is usually brief. I just get eggs in spring, raise them in containers on fish flake food, (very easy and cheap) and by late july I have hundreds of tiny pacific treefrog or american bullfrog frogletts, no parasites. Once they are terrestrial adults they could be frozen but my litters usually just eat them all up.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    And I do every year although the bounty is usually brief. I just get eggs in spring, raise them in containers on fish flake food, (very easy and cheap) and by late july I have hundreds of tiny pacific treefrog or american bullfrog frogletts, no parasites. Once they are terrestrial adults they could be frozen but my litters usually just eat them all up.
    I've considered doing this, but all of our native amphibians are protected, I'm not sure as to the legality of collecting spawn and feeding the tadpoles to snakes. I know I used to collect spawn and raise frogs when I was a kid but we'd release the frogs when they got too big.
    Chris

Hjelte is from Sweden
    Will