Page 1377 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 377877127713271367137513761377137813791387 ... LastLast
Results 13,761 to 13,770 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

when i have a loaded potato i like them twice baked with loads of sour cream. as for the wine, i think its been 5 years maybe more since i have drank ANY alcohol. i dont think i know what a greek salad is lol im used to basic salad, lettuce (romaine/iceberg mix) onions, bell peppers, and maybe cucumbers
    2.2.1Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis Ekoh, Amaunet, Emily, Copper,
    1.0 Canis familiaris Chihuahua Hershey
    1.1 Felis catus Jinx and Rocky

Where understanding lives, danger (and fear) dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    The source reference on wikipedia points to the exact same article. The good news is that there's only one study here, the bad news is that it's now a matter of interpretation (or rather reading comprehension).
    I combat this regularly and have been guilty of it as well. Just because a field study paper indicates that certain animals rarely or never consume rodents in the wild does not necessarily mean that feeding a rodent diet is going to lead to the demise of said animal in captivity.

However even "professionals" have taken that same research paper and cited it in their misinformation campaign. In this rare case, the author of said paper stepped forward and set the record straight...

And that is only one example.

Sadly, entire books have been written around misinterpreted research studies.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    So basically it's no different than news from other sources..
    Garter snakes consume earthworms, the earthworms near Chernobyl are radioactive. Radioactive worms have been linked to cancer.

in the above sentence, if you didn't pay close attention, could start a whole slew of people scare mongering us into not feeding our snakes worms.

One simpleton could just read it wrong, But come on.... PETA intentionally throws these random bits into their campaigns.

So chicken is linked to small wieners in rats, I would bet that these rats were given doses well above the ratios we would consume in a meal, then have those itty bitty kidneys and livers filter out these exaggerated doses, and the rat has problems.

Why isn't PETA going after the researchers for making rats that get picked on in the locker room?

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    Why isn't PETA going after the researchers for making rats that get picked on in the locker room?
    That bit made me laugh.

Then it made me think. There are supporters of PETA (or one of the more radical AR groups that they support) would quite happily plant a car bomb under said researcher's car. That makes me sad.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post

what are you having or what did you have?
    I have been having Mackerel for the past few days.I'm a great fan of Mackerel. They are great eating,fun to catch, their colour and patterns are stunning and provide free food for my snake all Summer long !
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    when i have a loaded potato i like them twice baked with loads of sour cream. as for the wine, i think its been 5 years maybe more since i have drank ANY alcohol. i dont think i know what a greek salad is lol im used to basic salad, lettuce (romaine/iceberg mix) onions, bell peppers, and maybe cucumbers
    You are close with your salad description. Greek salad also has feta cheese and olives. Usually red onions. I could eat that every day. And I agree with your idea of the baked potato. I don't twice bake it, but mine is a recipe for a heart attack I drown it in butter, sour cream and salt and pepper. I also eat all of it, including the skin. YUM!
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

yea you got to eat the skin with it i usually have skin in every bite lol ok i have something close to the greek salad if i want a big salad its either grilled chicken or green olives,pepper rings, pepperoni, cheese, onions, and mix ranch and italian dressing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    I combat this regularly and have been guilty of it as well. Just because a field study paper indicates that certain animals rarely or never consume rodents in the wild does not necessarily mean that feeding a rodent diet is going to lead to the demise of said animal in captivity.
    Definitely not. It's still my opinion that an all rodent diet is less than ideal for garters. I think at least half their diet should be something else such as worms and fish and it makes sense from an economic standpoint. Rat pups are the most expensive item my snakes get but they do relish them that's for sure, especially if I let them sit at room temp for a day. They seem to prefer them slightly rancid. Eeew.

wouldnt that be dangerous leaving them out like that? or is it something that happens in nature all the time and they are able to deal with it?

BBC News - North Korea angry at Swiss ban on ski lift sale

wow Kim Jong-un is crazy as hell.

like the story said "It is inconceivable that this resort will be used by the general public," Seco spokeswoman Marie Avet said.

anyone do NFL fantasy football?