Page 1369 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 369869126913191359136713681369137013711379 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,690 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

It couldn't be done here. If we can't even keep a person from entering the countty illegally how are we going to stop criminals from bringing guns in too? I guess what I'm trying to say is, more gin restrictions only effect law abiding citizens. Disarm them and who does that leave holding guns?

My point is, what works there would not work here. We got Mexico next door. We have unsecure borders, We got the drugs, crime, organizations, etc. that have no problem getting armed or getting guns across the border. Oh yeah, there's that pesky constitution too.

Even if all that weren't true, our cops would at the very least, need to carry non-lethal weapons or something that can stop a damn dog. Unarmed police... are you kidding me? You might as well send pee wee herman in his pajamas, to go break up a bar fight.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    so im guessing that the flare gun conversions or other homemade guns i have heard of are not very wide spread? and what about hunting things like birds or other small animals are you allowed to have hunting guns so long as they are only used for hunting? it all seems odd to me, my dad told me awhile ago about the cops and most people not allowed to have guns.
    Flare gun conversions? Homemade guns? No, never heard of them being a problem. Hunting is exactly big in the UK, it's a case of shooting birds with shotguns. Farmers often have shotguns for shooting vermin. Handguns are illegal except for target shooting, so anything legal is hard to conceal. Simply put, there is no need for 99.9% of the UK population to ever own a gun. Especially when you consider that using a gun to defend yourself will still land you in court on a murder change.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    That might work just fine where you come from, but due to our history and bordering countries, flow of guns by criminal organizations, ridiculous crime rates, drug trafficking, etc. that would never fly here.
    I agree. It works here because the genie isn't out of the bottle. Anyone who thinks that a ban on gun ownership would reverse the rate of gun crime in the US is blinkered, it might reduce some opportunistic crimes, but criminals aren't going to surrender their guns. The genie is well and truly out. Saying that, anyone in the NRA who says that rates of gun ownership in a country aren't directly linked to gun deaths is crazy, the relationship is easy to show, but it's interesting to see the anomalies (e.g. Switzerland) and see that gun crime is linked to the cultural attitude towards ownership of guns. In the UK gun crime is most prominent in sectors of the population that are most influenced by American gang culture (read... "teenagers in the UK that wish they'd been born in South central LA) for whom carrying a knife isn't a big enough status symbol.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Banned

One of these videos explains it very well. Which one, I don't remember. But I can tell you, of all the political debates and hot topic polarizing issues and debates, neither side of the debate is seeing the big picture and they're both wrong. I highly recommend watching this entire series. 5 lectures so far. I promise you'll walk away with a completely different view of all the social problems that exist. None of the people debating these issues seem to understand the true cause of the problems. Watch these and it becomes crystal clear.

Culture In Decline - YouTube

i dont know much about the flare gun conversions or homemade guns but my dad read somewhere that it was happening a lot more. he has all kinds of guns an old WWI Colt 1911, a semi-auto AK-47, a damn nice AR-15, a brand new Kimber 1911 with laser grip sights, and a lot more really nice guns. he has them because he likes to shoot and the 1911's are for his concealed carry for self protection. him and my mom was out on the motorcycle and was walking from a restaurant to his bike and some guy started walking toward them kinda quick with his arm in his coat(he said it looked like someone thinking of attempting to rob him) and he flashed the butt of the gun and the guy turned and ran from him and dropped a knife at some point he didnt even try to pick it back up
    2.2.1Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis Ekoh, Amaunet, Emily, Copper,
    1.0 Canis familiaris Chihuahua Hershey
    1.1 Felis catus Jinx and Rocky

Where understanding lives, danger (and fear) dies.

don't start on the war on drugs that failed so long ago its ridiculous

Banned

And none of the laws or any amount of fighting the problem directly addresses the root of the problem, and that is, why people traffic in, and use drugs in the first place. The problem would be rare to non-existent if those reasons didn't exist and they don't have to. Drug abuse, violence, poverty, homelessness, pollution, crime, resource depletion, corrupt govts, social unrest, war... all seemingly separate issues. They are not. They all have the same root causes. Watch the lectures and you'll understand.

Banned

To sit here and debate about gun control, war on drugs, how to deal with them, etc. is futile because both sides are completely distracted and detached from the real issue which is not guns or drugs or law enforcement failure. It's something completely different. Soemething hardly anyone talks about. When they do, they are ridiculed and not taken seriously. Those in politics effectively commit career suicide if they do threaten to change the status quo for the better. Either that, or they get assassinated as Kennedy did.

well i used to do a drugs like smoking pot, and i stopped smoking for a few years and then i started doing pain pills (snorting hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, or hydromorphone) for about 6 years, until i started going to a suboxone clinic. the reason i started doing them was they made me happy/not depressed where i actually wanted do stuff, like going out and having fun.

i also was into the bath salt crap when it was technically legal that is something i dont ever want to get into again that stuff will make you crazy as hell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    well i used to do a drugs like smoking pot, and i stopped smoking for a few years and then i started doing pain pills (snorting hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, or hydromorphone) for about 6 years, until i started going to a suboxone clinic. the reason i started doing them was they made me happy/not depressed where i actually wanted do stuff, like going out and having fun.
    Everyone has their reasons and my point was, they're all just a symptom of culture in decline.