Page 1368 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 368868126813181358136613671368136913701378 ... LastLast
Results 13,671 to 13,680 of 14098
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    its nuts that normal patrol officers cant carry guns over there. i dont understand the reasoning in ti really. do you know the reason that they tell public and then what you think the real reason is for it?
    Because we don't have crazy arsed gun laws that allow anyone to carry a gun? Meaning that the chances of an officer being faced by someone with a gun is pretty low. Our officers are more at risk from stabbing, which is why their protective vests are stab vests rather than ballistic vests. There is no need for our police officers to be armed all the time, and the majority of our police officers don't want to be armed. The prison sentences here for carrying a gun in the commission of a crime are harsh enough to make most criminals think twice, and when you know a shopkeeper isn't going to pull a shotgun from under the counter the feel safe enough threatening them with a baseball bat.

There are of course odd occasions when a weapon would be useful, but it doesn't justify arming our police force.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Okay...I can't even read about animals getting hurt because it upsets me too much...heck, I have to leave the room if a dog gets hurt or dies in a movie. So...I am going to post this to balance all of this out with some good news:Abused puppy rescued and adopted by police (PHOTOS) » DogHeirs | Where Dogs Are Family « Keywords: Prince William County, Manassas, Puppy, police
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Because we don't have crazy arsed gun laws that allow anyone to carry a gun? Meaning that the chances of an officer being faced by someone with a gun is pretty low. Our officers are more at risk from stabbing, which is why their protective vests are stab vests rather than ballistic vests. There is no need for our police officers to be armed all the time, and the majority of our police officers don't want to be armed. The prison sentences here for carrying a gun in the commission of a crime are harsh enough to make most criminals think twice, and when you know a shopkeeper isn't going to pull a shotgun from under the counter the feel safe enough threatening them with a baseball bat.

There are of course odd occasions when a weapon would be useful, but it doesn't justify arming our police force.

so im guessing that the flare gun conversions or other homemade guns i have heard of are not very wide spread? and what about hunting things like birds or other small animals are you allowed to have hunting guns so long as they are only used for hunting? it all seems odd to me, my dad told me awhile ago about the cops and most people not allowed to have guns.
    2.2.1Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis Ekoh, Amaunet, Emily, Copper,
    1.0 Canis familiaris Chihuahua Hershey
    1.1 Felis catus Jinx and Rocky

Where understanding lives, danger (and fear) dies.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Which obviously wouldn't work. And there's the reason.

But forget court and no one would have actually been at risk. At least not any more than when he shot the four off in panic earlier.
    That's untrue. Every additional shot increases the risk of injury. And the whisking legs on that dog tells you it was down and out already.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post

That might work just fine where you come from, but due to our history and bordering countries, flow of guns by criminal organizations, ridiculous crime rates, drug trafficking, etc. that would never fly here.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    That's untrue. Every additional shot increases the risk of injury.
    So does a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    So does a lot of things.
    Right, because a paper cut is comparable to a gunshot wound.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Right, because a paper cut is comparable to a gunshot wound.
    Dude paper cuts are the worst.

Banned

Sometimes when I get one, I would rather be shot LoL

Broke my arm last summer. Pain-wise, a paper cut or severe hangnail is worse. They sent me home with 30 vicodin and i told them I didn't need it. Filled it anyway to have on hand but I think I took maybe 2 for the broken arm. I could feel bones scraping together but it sure as heck didn't hurt. The rest of the pills are still sitting here.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    That might work just fine where you come from, but due to our history and bordering countries, flow of guns by criminal organizations, ridiculous crime rates, drug trafficking, etc. that would never fly here.

i dont know how it works there, maybe because we are so used to having access to guns it just doesnt seem like it could be done. well that and the 2nd amendment
    2.2.1Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis Ekoh, Amaunet, Emily, Copper,
    1.0 Canis familiaris Chihuahua Hershey
    1.1 Felis catus Jinx and Rocky

Where understanding lives, danger (and fear) dies.