Page 1350 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3508501250130013401348134913501351135213601400 ... LastLast
Results 13,491 to 13,500 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

No fear of that here. There's only one lizard that lives in this climate successfully. (Northwestern alligator lizard) Just night before last it got down to almost freezing. Any beardie living outside here would fall ill in no time or get eaten by a cat/dog. I'm afraid if she's been out overnight last night or the last few nights she might develop a RI soon anyway. Well, hopefully she's just been out today. It's sunny and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Good morning Iowa it's May 2nd and Spring.

Everybody's tired of winter.

Very nicely played Stefan.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Look what I just found and I'm all over it. Now if they would just answer the phone or call me back I'll take it!

48 gallon fish tank

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Everybody's tired of winter.

Nice

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Look what I just found and I'm all over it. Now if they would just answer the phone or call me back I'll take it!

48 gallon fish tank
    Scored that^^^ and I even talked him down to $40. Yes!

Banned

You know it's going to be a scorcher when you wake up at the crack of dawn and it's 68 degrees. That's our typical high for this time of year.

Banned

Everyone thinks that in order to solve these problems, more money is needed. The truth is, all these problems wouldn't exist if it weren't for money/capitalism existing in the first place. That's the cold hard truth. Money doesn't drive people and companies to do what's right for everyone and the environment. It drives them to do what's profitable and to hell with the environment. I live in a city that receives abundant rainfall. Water is plentiful. And yet I get charged an arm and a leg for it, by the gallon and it is illegal to collect rainwater and use it to water my landscaping. Then they turn around and charge you a drainage fee based on the square footage of your property!!! Water is much cheaper living in the deserts of the southwest where they charge a flat rate and water is scarce. You can use all you want. A gallon, or 500 gallons and your monthly cost is the same. Now, how does that make any sense whatsoever?

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

942038_531109360264749_1690426351_n.jpg

"The mouth and esophagus of the leatherback turtle are a perfect example of how an animal can become adapted to its diet and habitat. When the turtle consumes jellyfish (and it must eat many, as jellyfish have low nutritional value), the esophagus stores both the jellyfish and the seawater that have been swallowed. However, to prevent the stomach filling with water, the seawater must be expelled. So how does this happen?

The answer lies in the backwards-pointing spikes you see in the mouth of the turtle, which continue down the esophagus and grow progressively larger. As the muscles of the esophagus squeeze the seawater out, the spines keep the jellyfish in place. Once all the water has been expelled the jellyfish are then passed into the stomach. This strange adaptation is one of many that have kept this magnificent species in existence for 90 million years.

More information on the leatherback sea turtle: Leatherback Sea Turtles, Leatherback Sea Turtle Pictures, Leatherback Sea Turtle Facts - National Geographic

Edit: yes, that is blood around its mouth. This animal washed up on shore dead and was dissected for the educational television show "inside natures giants"."

If anyone wonders where the videos went, I moved them here: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...outube-16.html