Page 1347 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3478471247129713371345134613471348134913571397 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,470 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Boston, Mass area members stay safe.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

WebDragon,

Just so you know no one can reply to you until you've made a few more posts.

I would love to have T.s.pallidulus (Maritime garter snake) on the Ranch. They are beautiful.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Hey Greg (gregmonsta),

What the heck is going on. I find out you found 20+ newborn scrubs this morning and Facebook gets updated before Thamnophis.
    Tell me it isn't so.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Hey Greg (gregmonsta),

What the heck is going on. I find out you found 20+ newborn scrubs this morning and Facebook gets updated before Thamnophis.
    Tell me it isn't so.
    Lol ... it is so :P ... it's just quicker to upload a phone pic and comment in 'the swing of it' so to speak. Fulfilling Thamnophis.com protocols on this visit .... :P with even more pics
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Banned

When people don't listen:

Last week I bagged a group fecal of some rescue snakes I'm currently holding. I went to the vet where I usually get these processed - I've used them for this on at least 4 occaisions in the past, cost around £30.

I handed over the baggy and said (in polite, well-enunciated transactional English): I'd like this to be tested for internal parasites, please.

I waited 2 days (the usual) and phoned the practice. I was told not all of the results where in yet. I was a little confused but I left it at that.

Roll on today ... fecals completely clear, lovely! BUT .... (the following was shared with the future recipients of said snakes) ...

The bill came in at £50+ ...

They said - oh, but the extra charges and vat etc.

I said - I've never paid more than £30 for a fecal for intestinal parasites, this is ridiculous.

They said - oh, but they cultured and check for bacteria too.

I said - that's not what I asked for ...

Poor little receptionist will be checking with the senior partners tomorrow ... They'd better find a price that pleases me ...
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Banned

Bacteria? I'm not so sure I would even trust their results if they don't even know what to look for. Shoot, not even all internal parasites need to be eliminated or counted as positive since many are harmless. Well of course it's going to be infested with bacteria! It is a pile of **** after all.

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

That is why I always get estimates even at places I frequent. Things here are not what they used to be and rarely would you even get the same answer to the same questions at any business. Everywhere I go I see incompetence on a daily basis. It is sad because I like to be an optimist but in today's world I keep running into walls.
    Please do not drink and drive

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregmonsta View Post
    They'd better find a price that pleases me ...
    You're a Scot, they'll have to do a convincing job to pry more than the usual £30 from your wallet.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chulio View Post
    That is why I always get estimates even at places I frequent. Things here are not what they used to be and rarely would you even get the same answer to the same questions at any business. Everywhere I go I see incompetence on a daily basis. It is sad because I like to be an optimist but in today's world I keep running into walls.
    And know this: The estimate seems to be a minimum and the actual cost is almost always significantly higher. When I had new concrete done on my former house (remove and pour new front walk/porch and new back patio which was severely damaged in the 1993 Scotts Mills earthquake and rendered unusable) it ended up costing $2,000 more than they said it would.