Page 1311 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3118111211126113011309131013111312131313211361 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,110 of 14098
    Subadult snake

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Things have warmed up. 36 F right now but the next few days it should be around 45-50 F.
    Wow, it's warmer there than in Indianapolis! Thought it was colder in the north?!
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

Banned

Not really. It's colder wherever the cold air is.

The last few days it's been warmer up on Mt. Hood at the ski resorts (around 52 F) than it is in town at nearly sea level.(upper 30's)

Not really. It's colder wherever the cold air is.
    Good answer. I was really surprised by the weather first few times I went to Seattle. Not real hot and humid in the summer but not freezing cold in the winter.
    "Cleopatra"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Napoleon"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Pedro"-Storeria dekayi dekayi

Banned

Try crossing the cascade mountains. Eastern WA and Oregon have scorching hot summers and extremely cold winters. The west side is moderated by the ocean.

Try crossing the cascade mountains. Eastern WA and Oregon have scorching hot summers and extremely cold winters. The west side is moderated by the ocean.
    I have. I've made the drive from Ohio to Washington.

Banned

Triple digits in summer and below 0 F temperatures in winter happen every year in the Northwest's deserts. Those extremes are nearly non-existent west of the cascades.

Triple digits in summer and below 0 F temperatures in winter happen every year in the Northwest's deserts. Those extremes are nearly non-existent west of the cascades.
    Sounds like Ohios weather except when it goes above 99 degrees or drops below 0 degrees its only for 3-4 days at a time

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

So! James! Yes there are still some of us floating around... but still the forum has changed A LOT. I myself was on a bit of a hiatus for a while this past year... for a few reasons though. For many of those who wonder about it....

1.) Moved a lot of my garters out when I found out I was pregnant... garters are very high maintenance. 150 of them and a baby just wasn't going to happen.

2.) Depression stemming from a pretty terrible accident that happened back in May. Had a thermostat decide to go and stay in the ON position and ended up killing 3/4 of my animals. I lost all of my remaining natricines except for onewater snake... my eastern indigos, my flying snakes, my first ever snake and about 50 other irreplacable animals. For a while it was pretty hard to even look at most forums.

3.) Baby. She makes it tough to spend much time on a forum these days! Especially with the snakes and my business to be kept up with!

4.) Cold-Blooded Creation.... left my day job in june.... now I make money as a sculptor and sculpture takes up a LOT of my "free" time. I am constantly getting in new orders and still working on my website when I find time (I should totally be doing that right now :P )
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Wow. It sounds like you've had quite a year!
    So sorry to hear about the thermostat accident.... abolutely gutted for you.
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl though. That's wonderful news.
    The sculpture sounds like a fun career.... I'll have a look at your website a little later.
    For my part, I've been doing an awful lot of this.......

..... and not much of anything else for the past two years. I lost my job working for the National Cycle Network (redundant due to the recession), so decided to try out the cycle paths for myself. I've covered a huge amount of miles, but actually achieved very little!
    To be honest, I don't know what I'll do next.
    James.

Very good to hear from you James. Prayers headed your way for a better year.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee