Page 1309 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 30980912091259129913071308130913101311131913591409 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,090 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Even though it looks like it's snowing, there's no weather system over us at all. It's just foggy.

I like foggy weather for some reason, don't quite know why lol
    -Greg
    1.1T.s. concinnus, 1.1 T.s. parietalis, 1.0 T.s. semifasciatus, 0.1 T. radix
    "Garters are predictable. Predictably variable" - Neil Balchan

Banned

Can't stand it. Depressing as hell. Lived in Bakersfield, CA for a time. (I was born there). Sometimes in winter, fog would be so thick that you couldn't see more than 2 feet away and it would stay that way for a month or more. I hated it. The consolation was 6-9 months of nothing but blue skies when it's not winter. Sunshine and fog were common. It's clouds and rain that was rare.

I probably would hate fog for long periods of time though. I only like it when it only lasts for an hour or less. After that, it's a burden.
    -Greg
    1.1T.s. concinnus, 1.1 T.s. parietalis, 1.0 T.s. semifasciatus, 0.1 T. radix
    "Garters are predictable. Predictably variable" - Neil Balchan

The animals call him Lonesome Dave
    Will

Adult snake

Being a Baltimore native, I went to the Ravens vs. Broncos game on Saturday. In addition to the two hundred of us who are part of the regular fan group, a ton of people flew in for the game including a pair from Canada and a guy from Scotland. I spent over 8 consecutive hours outside and our high temperature for the day was 18F. The hand warmers in my shoes wore off at the end of the third quarter, which would have been fine had the game not gone to a second overtime period. it was 8F by the time I got back to my car. We went back to our home bar to warm up and closed the place down.

I still have tingling in a finger and a couple toes. My skin looks fine but I hope I don't have any neurological damage.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I hope I don't have any neurological damage.
    I'm no physician, but since you have "tingling" already, I highly doubt there's any lasting damage.

Now if you want to talk about real damage, I experienced tingling and numbness mostly confined to my left hand, for years. It was just pressure on the nerve to my arm, due to a disk in my back being destroyed. While that tingling is disconcerting, the time to worry is when it stops tingling and you no longer have any feeling at all. Dead/permanently damaged nerves don't tingle. If anything, the tingling is an indicator that you don't have nerve damage. Just a little trauma.

I suppose you could say the same thing when it comes to the most important nerve of all; your brain. If you think you're going insane, it's a sure sign that you aren't. Insane people think they're perfectly normal.

That doesn't sound like fun....too cold for me! Well...I must be really, really normal then...because I feel pretty insane most of the time! Lol...
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

To be friends with mike you have to be insane, oh wait that means im insane oops!

Quote Originally Posted by easterngirl View Post
    that doesn't sound like fun....too cold for me! Well...i must be really, really normal then...because i feel pretty insane most of the time! Lol...
    Bluesirtalis