Page 1306 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 30680612061256129613041305130613071308131613561406 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,060 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Really? What planet did you recently come from?

Usually a combination of the following. Usually when I had it, it was all of these symptoms and very severe. No fun at all. Can take up to two weeks to start feeling better.

Body/muscle aches
    Fever
    Chills
    extreme fatigue
    sore throat/swollen tonsils
    Runny or stuffy nose
    Chest congestion/cough
    Nausea/vomiting
    Lack of appetite
    dehydration

Flu isn't just a common cold. It can be life-threatening due to complications (such as pneumonia/bronchitis) and it's highly contagious. People die from it every year. Usually the very young, elderly, or immune deficient.

From that description I'm glad I've never had it.
    Will

Half the infections are asymptomatic and the seasonal flu kills about 40,000 people in the US every year and around 200,000 are hospitalized, so it would still be a good idea to get vaccinated even if you've rarely or never had any symptoms.

Buddy/cop movie...now that is hysterical...is there a "love it" button somewhere on here? I am finally recovering. I have to say that I am a strong supporter of the flu shot. It now covers H1N1...which my son, who has asthma, was hospitalized twice with a couple of years ago. Knowing that children have a flu shot makes me feel better if my son is going to be around them. There is apparently a strain going around that is not covered by the shot, however...and it has reached epidemic proportions in some areas....my ex-husband...who I constantly tell...do not come over here if you are sick or bring anyone who is sick over here...brought his daughter over to my house, while she was sick...and she gave me the flu. Now my son is up all night coughing...if he ends up in the ER....his father can sit in the ER with him all night. Noone is allowed in my house anymore if they haven't had a flu shot or if they are sick...my son can not get sick with his asthma and if I miss clinicals, I will get kicked out of the program...luckily....I don't start until next week. The nursing program requires all students nurses get flu shots. Buddy/cop show....hilarious!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Buddy/cop movie...now that is hysterical...is there a "love it" button somewhere on here? I am finally recovering. I have to say that I am a strong supporter of the flu shot. It now covers H1N1...which my son, who has asthma, was hospitalized twice with a couple of years ago. Knowing that children have a flu shot makes me feel better if my son is going to be around them. There is apparently a strain going around that is not covered by the shot, however...and it has reached epidemic proportions in some areas....my ex-husband...who I constantly tell...do not come over here if you are sick or bring anyone who is sick over here...brought his daughter over to my house, while she was sick...and she gave me the flu. Now my son is up all night coughing...if he ends up in the ER....his father can sit in the ER with him all night. Noone is allowed in my house anymore if they haven't had a flu shot or if they are sick...my son can not get sick with his asthma and if I miss clinicals, I will get kicked out of the program...luckily....I don't start until next week. The nursing program requires all students nurses get flu shots. Buddy/cop show....hilarious!
    Glad your recovering. The flu is no joke. We had an outbreak at work of the H1N1 that got 30 employees including me. The whole shop was literally shut down for a week. I never want to go through that again.
    "Cleopatra"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Napoleon"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Pedro"-Storeria dekayi dekayi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -MARWOLAETH- View Post
    From that description I'm glad I've never had it.
    And when I say headache, I mean, it feels like someone is pounding your head with a jackhammer. And the fever makes it feel like your eyeballs are on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Half the infections are asymptomatic and the seasonal flu kills about 40,000 people in the US every year and around 200,000 are hospitalized, so it would still be a good idea to get vaccinated even if you've rarely or never had any symptoms.
    Maybe that's what's going on. I've had a few seasons when I had sore, swollen lymph nodes near my groin and tonsils for a couple of weeks but I didn't feel sick. Maybe that's as far as it went. maybe that was flu.

I had my flu shot in September and became sick the week of Superstorm Sandy. It was a good thing all of the schools were closed because I was in bed all week. I told my Dr about it and she said that many people who had the flu shot, who then got sick, are showing up negative for flu. It is a really nasty bug. It took 2 antibiotics and about 5-6 weeks to finally get rid of this thing. All I wanted when I was in bed was a hot shower, which I couldn't have because we had no power. I was miserable for 5 days. People are sick with it now as well and it is putting them out for a week at a time. I nebver used to get the flu shot but started a few years ago. I'd rather have that than get the flu. Even if it lessens the flu, I am better off.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Banned

They only give antibiotics to avoid complications such as ear infections and pneumonia. They have no effect on the flu virus itself unfortunately.

Glad your doing better Marnie. I don't think I've ever had the flu...

Slightly off subject but saw this picture here: Famous Movie Quotes as if Spoken by a Proper Englishman - StumbleUpon

snakes-plane.jpg
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProXimuS View Post
    Glad your doing better Marnie. I don't think I've ever had the flu...
    You've either had it before and didn't have symptoms, or you're in a world of hurt if you ever do get it. No contact, no shots, no immunity.