Page 1291 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 29179111911241128112891290129112921293130113411391 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,910 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    No point in being unnecessarily vague.
    Then why do you do it?

It can and has, countless times, both in the lab and in the field. Medicine, for example, has to deal with that fact constantly. Agriculture is another field that has had to deal with it.
    What happened in medicine? What happened in agriculture? I don't expect you to go digging up all the specifics so why do you expect if of me?

Good. Now try to understand that observing it in real time is little more than a curiosity, the real evidence is genetic.
    Exactly. In the case of the yeast experiment, without any kind of genetic analysis, it is impossible to conclude that any genetic changes were responsible for the phenotypic changes observed. Where is "the real" evidence in the case of the yeast? Does it exist?

The only reason I ask is because people providing "another explanation for what has been observed" say that "The authors of the study used the word "genotypes" at least a few dozen times, even though they did zero genetic analysis"

Is that true or not? Seems unlikely that they would claim that, if it weren't true. I mean, wouldn't that undermine the entire fabric of their credibility? Wouldn't they just be cutting off their nose to spite their face? Was there genetic analysis done or not?

If they can't show that genetic changes were responsible for the change in phenotype, because they didn't do any analysis, then they didn't eliminate beyond a reasonable doubt, another explanation for what was observed.

Was there genetic analysis done or not? I don't know. How can I make informed conclusions if I am being lied to? How do I know who is lying and who is not? I don't, and if I can't possibly know, than you can't know either. What if we're being lied to by both sides? Then the point of our argument is moot.

Banned

Let's give the wolf & shrew issue another go. I posed a few questions, I'd like to have them answered, so that we can make some actual progress.
    In case you haven't figured it out already, I'm not interested in making "actual progress" I'm more interested in picking your brain and hearing your arguments. That is why I "fox news" this. So yeah, really I'm just wasting your time. Thanks for contributing it. You're a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    What happened in medicine? What happened in agriculture? I don't expect you to go digging up all the specifics so why do you expect if of me?
    I actually go and dig them up before I post my claims. You don't even do it after being informed how you could.

The only reason I ask is because people providing "another explanation for what has been observed" say that "The authors of the study used the word "genotypes" at least a few dozen times, even though they did zero genetic analysis"
    What people? It's a guy on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I'm not interested in making "actual progress"
    Tough noogies, I am. So let's make some actual progress. I posed a number of questions, would you mind answering them?

A more sobering discussion.
    The shootings that took place today in CT are 15 mins away from us. We were all in lockdown, including our hospital. My daughter has two classmates who lost their siblings today. Another's mother was shot. We are still reeling from the fact that this took place in our backyards. Twenty elementary school children dead. More saved because someone in the office pushed the intercom button down so the school could hear the shootings. I am so upset right now.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Such a waste of life.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Or this...
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

Banned

I actually go and dig them up before I post my claims. You don't even do it after being informed how you could.
    So you assume?

What people? It's a guy on the internet.
    Are you sure?

What does anyone actually observe anyway? I know that there are countless people out there that would argue that squares A and B are two different colors, but are they?

My point is, I don't think that true reality is even observable by any human being. Therefore, the question of whether or not God exists, or whether or not life came into existence spontaneously can never be answered and will always be argued (perhaps because it is the wrong question) because we are incapable of comprehending the answer even if the answer is right under our noses. I know that wasn't what we were talking about but it's something to think about.

Banned

Tough noogies, I am. So let's make some actual progress. I posed a number of questions, would you mind answering them?
    Why? It doesn't serve my stated purpose.

I like turtles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2many View Post
    We are still reeling from the fact that this took place in our backyards. Twenty elementary school children dead.
    Kind of seems like what happened closer to home, just minutes away in Oregon gets shoved under the carpet. Hardly anyone noticed. This crap happens around here quite a bit but unless a bunch of people get killed, hardly anyone but the locals know about it. Not enough people dead I guess. But I always have to ask the question of why the heck is anyone on lockdown at this point? For dramatic effect? Schools 100's of miles from the scene get locked down around here, and stay that way long after the incident is over. Sorry, but am I the only one that thinks that is just totally unnecessary?