Page 1289 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 28978911891239127912871288128912901291129913391389 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,890 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Not the same wolves.
    Not interested

What the hell else would it be?
    Nothing else, and that's the point isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Not interested
    You should be.

Nothing else, and that's the point isn't it?
    Come on now, don't try to dodge the question or pretend you didn't understand it.

Banned

You made the claim that it hasn't been observed. So explain.
    The examples given show that natural selection takes place, which is presumably the mechanism for evolution. We have not observed for example, a shrew evolving into a primate or a single celled organism evolving into a muti-cellular one. It can only show us how a population of animals can change their appearance, behavior, etc., but a dog remains a wolf, and a shrew remains a shrew. You made it sound as if this has changed since I last heard, but it has not. You cannot cite an example of what I call micro-evolution resulting in macro-evolution. You say that macro-evolution is the cumulative result of micro-evolution, and I agree because the evidence overwhelmingly supports it, but nobody has actually observed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A
    What the hell else would it be?
    Exactly. You tell me. When does it evolve to be something other than a wolf? Or more important to the point I'm trying to make, When has it ever been observed to do so?

The theory of evolution contends that all mammals evolved from very simple, tiny forms. That has never been observed. We have only observed a wolf becoming a "different wolf" as you put it. The span of time needed for it to become something other than a wolf is too great for us to observe it.

"Third shed In Progress" kimbosaur's Avatar

kimberly

Banned

I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    The examples given show that natural selection takes place,
    No, they demonstrate that evolution has taken place. Whether or not it's through natural selection is a different matter.

which is presumably the mechanism for evolution.
    Demonstrably a mechanism for evolution. There's no presuming about it and there are more than one.

We have not observed for example, a shrew evolving into a primate
    Nor should we, if evolution happens.

or a single celled organism evolving into a muti-cellular one.
    Already observed. Took 60 days.

It can only show us how a population of animals can change their appearance, behavior, etc., but a dog remains a wolf, and a shrew remains a shrew.
    Why the hell wouldn't they remain wolves and shrews? Start explaining why you think they would become something else if evolution happened. What do you think separates one species from another?

You made it sound as if this has changed since I last heard, but it has not.
    What the hell does that even mean? What has changed since you last heard?

You cannot cite an example of what I call micro-evolution resulting in macro-evolution.
    First off, stop using those words, they're nonsensical the way you are using them. Use evolution and speciation, because that's what you are talking about. Second, type into Google: observed instances of speciation.

but nobody has actually observed it.
    Incorrect. And before you make that statement again, I expect you to try to prove yourself wrong.

Exactly. You tell me.
    No, you tell me.

When does it evolve to be something other than a wolf?
    Never, nor should it, if evolution happens.

Or more important to the point I'm trying to make, When has it ever been observed to do so?
    Never, which is what the theory predicts.

The theory of evolution contends
    Theories explain observed facts, on the basis of observed facts. They don't contend.

And speaking of facts, that evolution happens is an observed fact, explained by theories of evolution by different means, for example natural selection.

that all mammals evolved from very simple, tiny forms.
    Like all other organisms. Why do you consider that a problem?

That has never been observed.
    The genetic evidence is more than enough to demonstrate that it happened and it's not going to happen again.

We have only observed a wolf becoming a "different wolf" as you put it.
    Only? What would expect? Seriously, answer the question. I want to know what you think should happen if evolution happens, because it's quite likely that you don't know what the concept even means. Species split off from their ancestor and acquire new characteristics, they don't leave the lineage.

The span of time needed for it to become something other than a wolf is too great for us to observe it.
    Why do you think that they would become non-wolves? What defines a wolf? No, I'm not asking for your opinion, I'm asking you what a wolf is defined as in taxonomy.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Can you two not do this again?!?! Seriously.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

On another note. I am going to have to move in a month or two. After 5 years... I am now single. I am tired of everything becoming an argument, always coming in last behind money, truck, clean house, his life n how he wants things. He is an alcoholic an a heavy smoker. I'm tired of emotional abuse, I'm to young for this sh*t.

I will be taking all my snakes, and my dog. I'm giving my Bearded Dragon Ifrit to a friend. My horse can stay here for now... till he gets tired of her.

At least I got my good job.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Hang in there Michelle. Our thoughts and prayers are headed your way.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee