Page 1272 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 27277211721222126212701271127212731274128213221372 ... LastLast
Results 12,711 to 12,720 of 14098
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I am MOVING!!! Yea New place has natural gas so we can have even heating in the house rather then our current wood stove n fans... Currently we have closed off half the house cause its to hard to heat ... however our bathroom is back there... It is a very cold thing to do in the morning....

Anyways the new place should be way warmer with double pane windows and all lol Meeting new landlord sometime today to get keys and paper work.

I'm sure my snakes will enjoy not freezing at night lol In this house it gets down to 12'C They got heat mats but still ambient air temps is cold.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

lol My toes being cold and my snakes are my main reason for moving honestly lol The new place is about a mile away. Half mile east then Half mile south OFF THE MAIN HIGHWAY!!!!! And we are now going to be the end on a dead end road No traffic noise! No Dog on the highway! Lots of trees! No noisey neighbour that start their LOUD arse truck at 3:30 am Every night... er morning.

Ok so I have a few more reasons for moving but snakes are tied at #1 with dog running on highway!
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Wow I finally figured out what that series of posts was about.
    I am a person of balance.
    One thing I have learned is most people , most of the time view everything they say or do based on how it relates to their lives. While I do understand this at times it can drive me a little nuts but then I try to find my balance again. I do see what ConcinnusMan means though. How you react to something said it what gives the statement the real power.

It is easy to say it but harder to live it but balance is the key.
    The woman who killed my wife gets out of jail next month and she will be monitored for drugs & alcohol as well as driving for 2 1/2 more years. many friends and family members hope the day she gets out she drives a car or drinks so she goes back to jail. They hate her so bad wish one of her family members would be killed by a drunk driver so she can see how it feels. I even got hate mail from the drunk drivers family even though my wife was the one who was killed and I never said a negative word in the press. What did I learn from all this.
    I hope the woman never drinks and drives again and meets all her parole requirements. I won't be her friend but it took me a long time to get where she has no control over me or my life.

Everybody should be more kind and thoughtful of others but if they are not, do not give them the power over you.
    You and only you control how you feel. (unless someone is choking you)
    It is hard work but it really does work.

Peace

Jimi

Please do not drink and drive

Quote Originally Posted by Chulio View Post

I hope the woman never drinks and drives again and meets all her parole requirements. I won't be her friend but it took me a long time to get where she has no control over me or my life.

Everybody should be more kind and thoughtful of others but if they are not, do not give them the power over you.
    You and only you control how you feel. (unless someone is choking you)
    It is hard work but it really does work.
    You just earned my respect. Very well put and it is an extremely hard thing to do. That understanding of power n how you give a person power over you by being angry or upset over something they did or said, is a Very tough lesson learned.

Good job man.

I respect you.

(unless someone is choking you)
    I like your humor too lol Good way to break it up.

At least I find humor in it... whether or not it was meant as funny...
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chulio View Post
    How you react to something said it what gives the statement the real power.
    do not give them the power over you.
    You and only you control how you feel.
    Exactly. Words only hurt if you voluntarily let them. The choice is entirely yours. It's not what happens, or what is said to you, that determines your mental/emotional health and self-esteem. It's how/if you choose to react that determines those things. I know a few homosexuals and they are my friends. They would have laughed at those kind of jokes. They are some of the happiest people I know because they don't let it bother them.

This is about more than just words and ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.

Banned

Nor does letting them tear you up inside. it's not about making them go away. It's about not letting them make you unhappy/hurt. This is not to say you should accept it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Nor does letting them tear you up inside. it's not about making them go away. It's about not letting them make you unhappy/hurt. This is not to say you should accept it though.
    You just don't get it, do you. I just told you that it's not just about words and by extension, not about something that simply "makes you unhappy/hurt". How many times do you need that explained to you?

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

I have no idea what's going on, can someone dumb it down for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    I have no idea what's going on, can someone dumb it down for me?
    People are getting upset over people getting upset.