Page 1269 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 26976911691219125912671268126912701271127913191369 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,690 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Lots to respond to here...hmmm...let's see...first, did they edit MFs with Monkey Fighting snakes? Is that what he was saying? That is too monkey fighting funny! I lost respect for Sam when he did that movie. If it is stupid and it is about some kind of large animal eating people...I'm sure my son will find the movie on cable and make me watch it. Now, he keeps trying to watch Cops. Talk about a show that makes Americans look like idiots. I will not let him watch it. I thought the Broke Back joke was funny too. I think that if you are making fun of a person in particular because he or she is gay, that is one thing...but we have to have a sense of humor about life. No one was making fun of homosexuals. My house is falling apart too. The heat went out this morning...luckily, we have portable heaters. The snakes have their heat lamps. Ummm...and just to let everyone know...that house in Idaho is mine! Sorry...if you want it...you have to come live with me when I buy it. Turdles swim in water...turds get flushed. The big spider...that is a wolf spider, yes? If it crawled on me in my house...I would move the monkey fighting out of here! Steve sent me a really awesome book about snakes and medicine...will be great for my paper and it is an awesome book in general! See...Steve is a true friend! That's all folks...
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Sorry your house offer fell apart. That happened to us too many years ago and two weeks later we were so happy it did because we found our true dream house. We lived there 20 years until I sold it this after losing Nancy

Sometimes the wait is worth it. I wish you guys luck

Marnie cops is the original reality show! You son is to young for much of that content. The people on there are pretty stupid. My favorite stupid episodes
    Lady who called cops because she gave $20 to a dealer and was ripped off
    Guy who had a bag of crack in his pocket and says "these are not my pants"
    All the people who say "do you know who I am, I'm going to get you fired"
    Please do not drink and drive

Here's a good one.
    While I was out working one night parked on the shoulder of the road waiting for a drunk driver to drive by a car pulled in front of me. A drunk got out of his car and walked back to me to tell me I should turn on my lights because it was dangerous to have them off.
    I did turn on my lights, just not the ones he meant. All the way to jail he kept yelling "You can't arrest me, I stopped you"
    Funny stuff.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I once had a cop refuse to sign a gun permit application, because it said Ruger MK II on the barrel instead of Ruger MK512.

Banned

Found this on a fishing forum. Guy found a striped CA king in his yard (native where he is) and and didn't know what it was. He asked his fishing buddies. The snake was correctly identified, but one person said it was striped because it was a "baby" (far from it, was at least 2 feet long) and when it becomes an adult, it will "look like this" (showed picture of a banded king). How ridiculous. But it doesn't end there. Someone else said ...

"a word of warning though, since they do feed on rattlers as everyone has been saying, you will want to avoid the bite of a king, since some of the venom will be left in the jaws of the king if he has recently dined on rattlers"

Preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    I once had a cop refuse to sign a gun permit application, because it said Ruger MK II on the barrel instead of Ruger MK512.
    And then?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    And then?
    Came back the next day and had it signed by another cop.

LMAO! That's pretty funny Steve...What an idiot....

Chulio I seen the one with the lady who got ripped off by the dealer, and when they get there the "Dealer" says she doesn't sell crack, she's a prostitute(If that's the same one.)
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Lol
    Will

allendale65

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Spooner (redsided MALE) will not stop trying to mate with Rooster (red spotted -- ALSO MALE) since this morning at like 6:00..

And I don't mean just getting on top of him like before. There's stuff going on down there....

Took him out for like an hour when it looked like Rooster was starting to get annoyed.. Second I put him in again he lunged on rooster and continued.

I'm assuming there's nothing I can do or be concerned about though. ?

Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    Uhh....were you watching Broke Back Mt where the snakes could see it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Easy with the jokes, there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Well I thought it was funny. I think that the spirit of the wise-crack is whats important. The target of the joke isn't homosexuals, it's the snakes and that movie. At least that's how I see it. I showed this to a gay friend on facebook. He thought it was funny too.

However, I would have to agree that this forum isn't the place for it.
    The trouble with the truth is that the original post has been edited. When I saw it and took a date- and time-stamped screen capture of it on November 10th, it, of course, read differently.

Therein lies the denouement.

So, to be correct, anyone who wrote it, read it, replied to the unedited post before the time I unfortunately read it at 5:06 PM, or moderated it, knows exactly what it said. I am unaware as to why an edited post is not labeled as such.

Thank you to kueluck for apologizing for something that you had nothing with which to do. That behavior sets a good example for our children and others needing a reminder of what basic etiquette propounds.

I would have loved to report to this forum that my radix gave birth to 97 babies. I would have loved to report on the progress of the young. I would have loved to give updates and submit photos of the mother and young. I would have loved to report on the history of the mother and the father snake. I would have loved to report on the care I give to run-over snakes, in hopes of saving more which others find. I would have loved to feel safe to ask questions regarding the present or future care of my snakes. I would have loved to be a part of this forum.

Just as worrisome as the original, unedited post was, is the willful and/or knowing attempt of anyone to deflect what was the true reason for certain offense taken.

Thank you to those email friends who have made snake care information available to me. Thank you for your many kindnesses. Please continue with your gracious and good work on this forum. And remember that that is all it ever takes – graciousness. Graciousness in an outstretched hand. Graciousness in a daily good deed. Graciousness in setting a good example. Graciousness in trying always to do the correct thing.