Page 1260 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 26076011601210125012581259126012611262127013101360 ... LastLast
Results 12,591 to 12,600 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Every generation since the 30's have been blaming their kids so theirs nothing new there.
    Will

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

ConcinnusMan I would like to see that video.

How come the garters in the in my area have a blueish tint but in other areas they have red. never saw anything around here with any red in it at all.
    Please do not drink and drive

What kind of garter do you have in your area?
    It did not snow here last night. I was disappointed. I love snow. I didn't go to class anyway because it was icy rain and windy...did not feel like driving in it.

I got my tentative schedule for clinicals in January. You can choose the option of watching your lectures at home on the computer and then going to actual clinical sites on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6:30a-2:00p or 2:00p-10:00p...umm...getting up at 4:00am to go to work? No thank you. Unfortunately there are only 16 spaces in the evening clinicals. Please say a prayer for me that I get into those. Marnie trying to do nursing procedures at 6:00am is not good! The uniforms are atrocious. White scrub tops with hunter green scrub pants and a green student nurse patch on my shoulder. I will look like a girl scout! Thin mints anyone?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chulio View Post
    ConcinnusMan I would like to see that video.
    I didn't immediately find it upon searching but I do remember where it was shared. Field Herp Forums. It's a large pickeringi and it appears that it was raiding the (ground) nest of a Junco when an adult Junco tried to intervene but then the adult bird got grabbed by the snake.

Banned

Another large (and ancient) reptile species goes extinct this year. The other was a subspecies of Komodo that went extinct earlier this year. Last Wild Siamese Crocodile in Vietnam Found Strangled to Death [Updated] | Extinction Countdown, Scientific American Blog Network

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

I had a lot more to say about the rant, but I'm going to leave it unsaid.
    Stefan? are you ill?
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

Banned

Probably just tired. It does get tiring responding to nonsense. Reality has already proven that all these concerns that the opposers have are complete hogwash. I haven't seen a single reason for opposing that was based in reality but it goes without saying that the reality is ignored by those people. If they want to watch reefer madness and take it as a factual documentary, there's not much one can say to convince them otherwise so it just gets tiring.

The fact is, everyone wins with legalization. Both sides lose with prohibition. Seems that the side that opposes didn't learn a dang thing from history when they tried to prohibit alcohol. The benefits of lifting MJ prohibition are the same as it was for alcohol only I predict we won't have the same social issues that comes with alcohol abuse. Why do I say that? Because those problems don't exist currently. Making it legal changes nothing as far as that's concerned. By far the greatest social problems and harm we have that are caused by weed stem from the fact that it's illegal. Is legalization going to be completely without problems? Highly unlikely but it will still be better than it was. On a separate issue is the prohibition of industrial hemp, lumping it into the same catagory as mj grown for it's drug content. Obviously this is just plain stupid. We import all our hemp and hemp products when we should be growing and exporting it.

Now, there's no reason we can't discuss this without people getting offended or pissed off. If you're getting upset, then check yourself and don't participate in the conversation. There's no reason why mature adults can't agree to disagree.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 11-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.

"Reefer Madness" you have to be kidding me. I base my opinion on 28 years in law enforcement working with the families of this innocent drug. It really become a no win for everyone. Sure the people that sit around getting stoned think it's a good thing but that isn't reality/truth.
    I for one think a life without drugs is the best choice. The consequences for that choice is a better life, plain and simple.

Just my strong and unwavering opinion.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHedgehog View Post
    Stefan? are you ill?
    On my hard drive there is a folder, where I have a substantial collection of replies to various people on various boards, and that I chose not post either because they would have sparked a debate I would have felt compelled to participate in until I'm either banned or the last man standing, or they would have burned bridges I still wished to preserve, or both. The term "broadside" would be an understatement in most cases. Suffice it to say, kueluck's position is diametrically opposed to mine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    "Reefer Madness" you have to be kidding me. I base my opinion on 28 years in law enforcement working with the families of this innocent drug. Sure the people that sit around getting stoned think it's a good thing but that isn't reality/truth.
    The reality/truth is that a large portion of users don't "sit around getting stoned", don't smoke and drive, and do not work under the influence either, (myself included) but instead are responsible, productive members of society. Many of them are in professional positions such as Doctors, lawyers, and even law enforcement. Of course "losers" are going to abuse drugs/alcohol. None of that changes just because it's made legal or illegal, so you can't blame the drug or it's legal status. Just because these people you see happen to smoke weed doesn't mean that the weed is to blame for their problems. (legal problems perhaps, but we know what causes that) I respect your choice to lead a life without drugs. All I'm asking is that we have the choice when it comes to pot, without fear of prosecution for responsible use. Believe it or not, we're not all a bunch of losers sitting around getting high. Of course, you wouldn't see that aspect in law enforcement because that segment of society doesn't have negative encounters with law enforcement. You aren't called to their houses. You even consider some of them your friends.

Nothing is really going to change. The people that don't use, will continue to abstain, the losers will continue to abuse, and the ones that use responsibly will continue to do so. Whether it's legal or not. You have no control if it's illegal. The only way to reduce the harm to society is to legalize and regulate. Should we legalize things like meth, cocaine, heroin? Hell no, but we aren't talking about a mind altering drug, we're talking about a mood altering drug.