Page 1258 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 25875811581208124812561257125812591260126813081358 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,580 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    It's the peoples choice. You know, the generation that has had no discipline, everyone is a winner, the world owes them, & they can do as they please. It making it hard for me to love my country and THAT saddens me.
    Which generation was that? Seriously. If there is such a generation, it hasn't reached voting age and even if it had, its voter turnout would be the lowest and hence its influence would be the smallest.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

That is kinda neat about legalizing pot... It's good for a number of reasons....
    First it will be tax money for the state and will diminish money in criminals hands. Why buy from a shady guy on the street or where ever when you can go to the store?

It's better then booze in the way that booze makes people loose self control and often fight n end up being a fool. Where as pot lol you just get lazy, get the munchies n then go to bed. I've never seen anyone smoke a joint then pick a fight lol

I've smoked it, I don't really care for it anymore unless I want to fall asleep right quick lol

I do think it will be hard on cops to regulate the driving under the influence though. Mind you its not like people who are high tend to speed or swerve all over the road, they tend to drive slower n have a slower reaction time. Pedestrians will have to pay a little more attention. It will be interesting to see how they try to do a blood test regulation system...
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

When your fouteen year old starts smoking weed, grades go from A's to F's and he then starts using other drugs and wastes 10 years of his life you might not think pot is so cool. By the way that fourteen year old was me.
    Taxes from it might be good though maybe we can become Amsterdam. Even if it is legal there will still be people selling it to kids and that is not good.

I have not been high since 6-26-1980 and while everybody won't do what I did there is defiantly a connection between chronic pot, alcohol and drugs users and lack of success.
    Please do not drink and drive

With money currently going to less than upstanding citizens and the illegal trade spawning violence and property crimes, and the users ending up serving time instead of contributing to society, I don't see how society can afford not to legalize it. There isn't going to be a perfect, working solution, might as well focus on harm reduction.

Amsterdam has stopped selling to tourists, if I remember correctly. The tourists ended up costing more than they brought in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Needless to say I am saddened by this news.
    Why is that? Nothing really changed except that now this multi-billion dollar industry will operate in the light of day and pay taxes instead of operating behind closed doors and in back alleys. You can't regulate or tax an industry if it's illegal. If your concerned about our youth or if you think more people are going to run out and start smoking it, I think you're wrong. History (it's been done in other countries) proves that doesn't happen. In fact, if anything, drug use (of all kinds) goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    I do think it will be hard on cops to regulate the driving under the influence though. Pedestrians will have to pay a little more attention.
    I disagree. If anything, it will be easier to monitor and catch people driving under the influence. And why would pedestrians need to pay any more attention than they already do? If anything, the new law will most likely reduce the number of people driving under the influence or that will at least stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Chulio View Post
    When your fouteen year old starts smoking weed, grades go from A's to F's and he then starts using other drugs and wastes 10 years of his life you might not think pot is so cool. By the way that fourteen year old was me.
    Taxes from it might be good though maybe we can become Amsterdam. Even if it is legal there will still be people selling it to kids and that is not good.
    Your forgetting one thing. The illegal pot dealer doesn't care if his customer is 14. The state does, and that's why it will be 21 and over. Think about it. It's been done before when they lifted prohibition on alcohol. It greatly reduced availability to children, it didn't increase it. I keep hearing the same arguments and the reality is completely different. Your concerns are unfounded in reality. I also think you're confusing pot smoking as the cause of bad grades and other negative consequences. It's more like a symptom of whatever else is causing grades to fail.

And by the way, despite what most people think, it's still not 100% legal in Amsterdam and it's even 100% illegal for non-residents to purchase the stuff. I'm sorry, but that's not legalization.

Give it some time. You'll see this is a good thing. You guys might think I'm defending it because now I can smoke the stuff legally and I'm a pot head. Well your wrong. I already smoke it legally. I'm defending it because this law is good for society.

Adult snake

The MMJ industry is a sham anyway. Say your medications give you nausea and you get a red card. Eighty percent of red card holders in CO are 25 or younger. Kids already get it anyway, red card holders buy for their friends, etc. I don't smoke, never have, never will, but regulating it, getting transactions out in the open, and holding people accountable is the right way to go. It's not going to be like alcohol because smoking is banned almost everywhere outside of private residences. Let the stoners get high on their couches and they'll stop congregating in public parks (where the dealers are) and being a nuisance.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

I really hate to discuss the pot thing or the politics thing...too many fights can stem from it. But I do have my opinions. I was also a teenage druggie and drunk...but I don't disagree with legalizing pot for people over 21...not if alcohol is legal. I see more problems with alcohol than I do weed. You don't see many potheads going out driving around and killing people...they usually just sit on the couch and veg out. Would I choose to be a pothead? No. Would I want my son to be a pothead? No. Would I smoke a ton of it if I were going through chemo or dying in some kind of pain? Yes. Different law, I know...but just expressing where I stand with it. And I am glad Obama won.

It is supposed to snow here today. It won't amount to anything...but it could cause enough problems to get my math class canceled!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Adult snake

Admittedly, I voted no on the proposition was because the regulation is pretty fuzzy. But it is a step in the right direction.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

Banned

Yes, it's fuzzy but unless they legalize first, there will be no regulation or rules. All of that will work itself out in time. Clark co (voted 50/50) is just now getting around to setting up rules for medical grower co-ops. It will take time, and problems, as they arise, (and they will) will be addressed. It's not going to be perfect, but it should still be better than prohibition. I think it will greatly improve public safety and it will also solve the budget crisis.

Improve public safety I doubt and money isn't everything.
    Legalizing something doesn't make it right/safe/good for the overall public. Alcohol is a fine example. The cost of alcohol to this country/world far exceeds any taxes taken it. This country spends far more to treat the problems of alcohol then it benefits from revenue. The emotional toll itself is far reaching and affects generation after generation.
    Medical use of pot is a joke. I see the medical use and understand it. Some illnesses/diseases(terminal cancers, severe glaucoma, etc.) that can't be treated with mainstream medicine are benefited by THC but that's not what is happening. Every idiot with a pain can go get a script and smoke all they want.
    No, this is wrong. A problem is still a problem even if legalized. It just changes the surface but the costs are still there and will continue to impact the uses and the people that come in contact with them.
    Shame on those who put money ahead of everything. This new freedom isn't free at all.
    Just my opinion.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee