Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1358
    Banned

Re: What music do you like... ?

Heisenberg approved this post.

Banned

I miss Layne Stayley. How someone can be so vividly aware of what's happening to himself and where he's headed, yet so helpless and/or unwilling to stop it... Can't say anyone was surprised to hear the news of his passing. Only people that were surprised it didn't happen earlier. Been 11 years already. Seems like last week.

Banned

Only been to 10 concerts in my entire life. (only counting signed bands. Saw Alice in Chains several times in Seattle but they weren't signed back then and only known locally as "Alice-N-Chains") 7 of the 10 concerts I attended were the same band. Care to take a guess what band it was? Man I miss going to those. What a blast.

Banned

Why is it that so many bands I like have their frontman die on us? jeez He's probably the first heroin addict on the planet to die filthy rich after 30 years of addiction. For those that don't like this band know this: They're the most successful touring band in the history of music. They made more money on just concerts and toured longer than any other band ever. When Jerry died, his estate was worth hundreds of millions of dollars and he's just one member of the band.

I only got to see the Dead once before Jerry died, that was one awesome show.

Somewhat on topic, I finally got my HiFi system in the "man cave" set up to near perfection.

10 watts (Classic Marantz 2012 amplifier, fully restored with new transistors and capacitors) running the upper mids and tweeters, 80 watt mosfet pure DC amplifier running the low to mids (6 inch speakers) and a 300 watt monoblock pure dc Mosfet subwoofer amp connected to my 12 inch Alpine dual coil subwoofer in 2 ohm bridged mode.

Now when I play my old school art rock, the bass pedals shake the room.

Banned

Well, at the Eugene, OR venue it's usually a 2 or 3 day concert with about 250,000 deadheads camped out at U of O. Even if I didn't have a ticket to get into the concert I would still go. It's as much about living in a deadhead city and the fun times that go with that, as it is about the actual show.

Where else can you go to find fire eaters, bungee jumping, and naked midgets running around all in one place? lol

They actually still tour now and then. At least the did but as "the dead" or "the other ones" but they kept doing venues that were too damn far and out in the middle of nowhere so I didn't go.

yup they're still at it http://www.otherones.net/tour/

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post

Heisenberg approved this post.

Banned

huh... youtube is down. That's a first for me.

Banned

I like to listen to the hard heavy stuff like bring me the horizon, parkway drive, chelsea grin and other stuff like that. I'm a musician myself drumming and playing mallet instruments so I'm also in marching band and I listen to marching band and drum corps stuff as well like the cadets and bluecoats I've been on drumline for about 4 years now
    0.1 Lampropeltis getula nigritus | 0.1Eublepharis macularius
    | 0.1 Thamnophis marcianus

Kyle