Page 1243 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 24374311431193123312411242124312441245125312931343 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I just read up on Hurricane Sandy. It's a bit too early to tell if it's going to be all that bad but it does have the potential. Too many "ifs" between now and the time it's expected to hit the NE. "If's" that could mean the difference between 5 inches of rain with 65mph winds, or just some moderate rain/winds. In any case, it's supposed be over before halloween night.

Banned

This is a bit disturbing. How do you get a diagnosis of subcutaneous worms if you don't take your snake to a vet? How does one even know if deworming meds worked if you don't take your snake to a vet? How does one even know what is causing lumps on a snake, again, if you haven't seen a vet?

I know, why don't we just feed the snake a bunch of medications which are toxic, without the supervision of a vet? That'll take care of it.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/want...-pay-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    This is a bit disturbing. How do you get a diagnosis of subcutaneous worms if you don't take your snake to a vet? How does one even know if deworming meds worked if you don't take your snake to a vet? How does one even know what is causing lumps on a snake, again, if you haven't seen a vet?

I know, why don't we just feed the snake a bunch of medications which are toxic, without the supervision of a vet? That'll take care of it.

When I approved that post, the only thing that went through my mind was, "I just don't care anymore."

I just don't care anymore.

Banned

I can see how that would happen. I don't know how many times I've told people posting videos to youtube, why they shouldn't feed their snakes live feeder goldfish, only to have them argue about it, and on numerous occasions, tell me that "petco does it" or "petco said to", or "I've had him for 2 years and he's fine". After a while, I just don't care anymore. Maybe they'll understand when their snake gets sick and dies prematurely, but I doubt it.

They are already closing schools around here for Monday...and calling off Halloween things for the weekend. The governor is preparing for evacuation plans if necessary. And I just found out that my irresponsible parents have no insurance on our house or beach house. So I guess I will go live in a box if my house gets swept away. I will live in a box with my son and all of my animals and snakes and I will put wheels on the box to get to school.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    When I approved that post, the only thing that went through my mind was, "I just don't care anymore."

I just don't care anymore.
    I saw this person posting about his garter snake in another forum and I PMed him and told him about this forum. I told him this forum is dedicated to garter snakes and they're are knowledgeable ppl on here that may be able to help him.

I had no idea he was just going to post a WANT ad in the classifieds asking for reptile meds =/

Invisible Snake...not your fault...you were just trying to recommend someone to the forum. Did anyone tell the guy that it's a bad idea to medicate an animal without knowing what is wrong with it? I know that sometimes people come of as morons and it gets irritating...but isn't it our wish to educate these people so that they don't hurt their snakes?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Also, as usual, I don't think he's aware that we cannot reply to the ad, and he probably didn't know his first post doesn't show up right away.

Banned

Want to see something really messed up? Search google for "scaleless garter snake" and click the second result. C'mon!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Can't see the picture without being a member.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt