Page 1227 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 22772711271177121712251226122712281229123712771327 ... LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,270 of 14098
    "First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Saw the neighbor kids all freaking about something so I checked it out. Then I gave them a little education.

snake.jpg
    Please do not drink and drive

Nice goin Chulio What is that little guy? Do you know?
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Eastern garter snake.

I think.

I don't know
    All of the snakes I have ever caught were said to be easterns.
    We once caught a Chicago but it was 40 miles south of here.

These kids were really freaked out at home as one girl said she see's them around the perimeter of her house.
    I explained the fact that is where they catch all the mice and they quickly because snake fans

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

Looks alot like a ribbon.
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

That's an eastern for sure. Looks just like my Cee Cee. The weather here has been too cold too soon. This is not good for having to sit at baseball games at night in the dark after the sun has gone down. Time to break out the longjohns. I think I am finally on the mend from this stomach thing...still not feeling completely up to par, but I'm not lying in bed with stomach pains anymore. My son and his friend are outside playing on a pogo stick. I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to figure out what the weird noise I'm hearing is. I thought one of my cats was having trouble breathing. It's the darn pogo stick going up and down outside my window!

In other news...my son has been complaining about his right arm hurting. He really wants to be a pitcher and his new coach has been letting him pitch entire innings. Yesterday he started looking like he was in pain while he was pitching and came off the field crying in pain. I'm not sure what is going on. He may have hurt his arm playing football at school. But also, his doctor just started him on a new medication...I'm worried that the medicine may be giving him muscle pain. He really needs the medicine, but he really loves pitching. It is a difficult situation.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I wouldn't say ribbon. I can see some black markings on the lip scales.

I hope Julian's arm gets better. Maybe he's just gotta "break in" his shoulder for pitching.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    That's an eastern for sure. Looks just like my Cee Cee. The weather here has been too cold too soon. This is not good for having to sit at baseball games at night in the dark after the sun has gone down. Time to break out the longjohns. I think I am finally on the mend from this stomach thing...still not feeling completely up to par, but I'm not lying in bed with stomach pains anymore. My son and his friend are outside playing on a pogo stick. I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to figure out what the weird noise I'm hearing is. I thought one of my cats was having trouble breathing. It's the darn pogo stick going up and down outside my window!

In other news...my son has been complaining about his right arm hurting. He really wants to be a pitcher and his new coach has been letting him pitch entire innings. Yesterday he started looking like he was in pain while he was pitching and came off the field crying in pain. I'm not sure what is going on. He may have hurt his arm playing football at school. But also, his doctor just started him on a new medication...I'm worried that the medicine may be giving him muscle pain. He really needs the medicine, but he really loves pitching. It is a difficult situation.
    How old is he? I pitched for awhile (and short stop) before i played football, I'd never let my coach take me out, therefore really wore my arm out.. wears your arm out for sure, but it should be fine by the next game, if it isn't, he shouldn't be pitching until he isn't hurting like that anyway cuz it's obviously not just sore. Unless he's like me and can pitch left handed too which I doubt, find out whats wrong before pitching again or he'll be out all season likely, depending on what's wrong. Been there done that.

And yeah if it's just sore then he just need to keep using it, that'll stop.

If he pitched too much without proper coaching he most likely has soft tissue damage like tendonitis. if he backs off he will be ok.
    Marnie I am glad you feel better.

Weird noises can be hard to figure out sometime and it can be funny when you fugure it out like a pogo stick.
    Once we woke up in the middle of the night to a strange noise and thought someone was breaking into out basement door. I went downstairs in my underwear with my dog and a Samaria sword I kept near my bed. I open the door, nobody there so I walk around the outside of the house. I get to the front and a guy is waiting for the bus and see's me in my underwear with my dog and a sword and he just took off really fast and frightened. The noise ended up being our cat playing with a hear register in another room and the sound came into our room through the vent.
    Things seem confusing at night. I bet that guy still tells his side of the story 30 years later

Rofl...Jimi, that is a great story! I keep a dagger under my bed...lol. Well, my son is 10 and he has been pitching now for three seasons...although this is the first time he has pitched entire innings. This is definitely something new. He has been playing fantasy football at school and at the last baseball game, he complained his arm was sore and tired from playing football. But this time, he was in tears and he said it hurt really bad above the elbow and his hand was tingling. I'm wondering if he did something while playing football or if this new medicine could be doing this. We see his psychiatrist today...who prescribed the mood stabilizer. I will ask him about it. I think I will also take him to our family doc and see about getting an x-ray. He has a game tonight though. If I can talk him out of it...I really want him to not pitch tonight. He loves pitching though and he's pretty much the best pitcher the team has. He will feel that he is letting his team down. It's tough.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe