Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My snake log

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Re: My snake log

So Babs... Daffy... (Still not sure on if my Radix is a she or a he...) for the first time had a small issue with shedding, just missed the tail. It was REALLY obvious and impossible to miss. So it was bath time, little dip in some warm water and it didn't take much at all. Just held onto it really and she did the rest. I think she knew I was helping her... because she was weaving through my fingers like normal then completely stopped when I grabbed her tail n just pulled her tail free. Then she just turned n looked at me, like she was saying Thank you. Who ever said owning a snake gives nothing back, never owned a Garter.

This little Radix of mine is turning SO green, I love it!! NONE of these pictures do her ANY justice as to how green she really is. Her nose is like a bright forest green and her lateral stripes are light olive green and just above that is turning the beautiful bright forest green. <3
    100_1464.jpg
    100_1470.jpg
    100_1474.jpg
    100_1482.jpg
    100_1486.jpg
    Look at her/his tail here... Male ? Female ? I no know anymore.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

George is doing good, still little shy when in tank and takes a minute to calm down when first taking him out, but he is eating better. Although he still waits awhile before investigating any food, unlike little piggy Radix who is the first one to flick a tongue and then races over, George sits back n waits, flicking his tongue but not bold enough to be first in line, he always waits for the second course. Good boy George. He has also developed a fondness of sitting in my lap

100_1419.jpg
    100_1427.jpg
    100_1436.jpg
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

I would like to see a nice photo of the underside of the tail to be sure on that radix.
    From the head structure I'm leaning toward male.
    My favorite radix color is the green phase.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

The snakes are looking good! I would have to see a closer pic of that vent to decide sex. I thought we decided male though. Could you post a pic of George on the "ID please" thread...we are trying to decide if Rod's new snake is a marcianus...I don't think it looks like one...I don't think it's checkered enough.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...ease-asap.html
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I'll take more pictures in a bit here... Stupid housework getting in the way... Completely re did our living room arrangement... I'll now have an ENTIRE ROOM for me critters! Yay... OH AND my fiance said I can build something I've been wanting to for a while now... A giant living 'picture' A wall mounted / braced, rain-forest terrarium with creatures and critters alike...
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

I am so excited! Charles P IS going to GIVE me a couple young snakes! Easterns to be exact.. Some of the bright orange n possibly a red one as well I can't wait! I've searched around n found the best price for shipping was through Reptile Express, 2nd place was Air Canada Live. Reptile Express was just a hair cheaper and was more accommodating with a pick up from Charles town and a shipping kit with an insulated box, heat packs, and printed labels.

*Sigh* I love my addiction.

Only bad thing about it is... It is to darned hard to get snakes from the states into Canada, however I had email Scott Felzer and he said there was a lot of interest for his snakes in Canada and that there was talk of 'pooling' an order together across the boarder then distributing them from there. Hope that it pans out and I'm able to get more... and More n MORE MOOORRREE MORE hehehehe must have more hheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh ehehehe ......*THUD*

(passed out from hyperventilating)

*Sigh* Still love my addiction.
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

WOW. You've got it bad. I'm so happy for you.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

You need to get a few active breeders in Canada. With you addicted and expanding your garter collection things are looking brighter for 3 years time, just make sure when you import a pair that they are unrelated and good to breed together if you want to.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I am DIEING to import pairs to breed!!! I'd love to be THE Canadian breeder! Oh I don't know what I do with myself!
    I would easily become the Crazy Garter Snake Lady.... Maybe I could get an Import Export Licence and maybe that would make it easier to get new breeders
    here and oh the different breeds and colors I could have! I'd have WALLS lined with homemade tanks and maybe I could come up with a 'Central Heating system'
    like heated water... cycling through pipes doing loops in the warm ends of all the tanks.. and.. oh my...
    I'm going on and on.. I'll stop... for now... I'm currently at work...
    Found a computer that didn't have EVERTHING except Google blocked...
    I'd love to bring my snakes to work with me..
    Then I wouldn't be so bored...
    I don't like getting paid to...
    sit on my butt..
    all day...
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"Third shed In Progress" kimbosaur's Avatar

You can contact dieselbaby if you haven't already done so. She's bringing in some of Scott's snakes through Reptile Express.

There was also this one on ReptilesCanada: Garter Snakes - Reptiles Canada Forums
    I e-mailed the guy a while ago but didn't get a reply.
    kimberly