Page 1199 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 19969910991149118911971198119912001201120912491299 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 11,990 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Very well stated, Stefan. ^^^

Avatar = dances with wolves. Same dang thing. It's essentially the same story.

And I didn't need any movie to "feel that way about the human species" but I'm more concerned about what we've done to the planet and the rest of the species that inhabit it, than I am about what we do to each other. But, in the end, what we do to the planet and it's species, we do to ourselves.

Consider this when you start to resent and hate the human species: You do not hate the lion for killing to survive. It's in the lion's nature. It is what it is. We don't hate the garter snake for killing that poor defenseless mouse. It's necessary for the garter snake to exist. We are what we are, and no matter how noble you think you are, and how wrong you think our behavior is, nobody's hands are clean in all of this. We are human and we will behave like humans. We have no choice. It's in our nature. It is what we are. You cannot deny or change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    Not to make light of Light of Dae's post, but I felt that way about the human race after watching Avatar.
    Sometimes (often) it does seem like the human race is hell-bent on ruining everything that's still good about the world. Usually, I can't even blame them for doing it, beacuse they are doing it (some exceptions) to stay alive, or at least to make a living.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Sometimes (often) it does seem like the human race is hell-bent on ruining everything that's still good about the world.
    Probably because that is our purpose. One it is done, our purpose is served and we shall go extinct like all species must eventually.

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    We are what we are, and no matter how noble you think you are, and how wrong you think our behavior is, nobody's hands are clean in all of this. We are human and we will behave like humans. We have no choice. It's in our nature. It is what we are. You cannot deny or change it.
    So in your opinion you think it's futile to try to change for the better?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    So in your opinion you think it's futile to try to change for the better?
    I'm saying we can't. It would be like trying to get a lion to be a vegetarian. We are hard wired by our DNA and millions of years of evolution which cannot be denied. No matter how badly you want to change, you will still be a human being.

Probably because that is our purpose. One it is done, our purpose is served and we shall go extinct like all species must eventually.
    There is no purpose, it's just the result of 3.7 billion years of programming. We wouldn't be the first species to consume itself into extinction and we probably wouldn't be the last.

I'm saying we can't. It would be like trying to get a lion to be a vegetarian. We are hard wired by our DNA and millions of years of evolution which cannot be denied. No matter how badly you want to change, you will still be a human being.
    I disagree. We can, but we don't want to. Eventually, we'll want to, but at that point we will have lost much that could have been saved. It may even be too late to save ourselves, but I find that highly unlikely.

Banned

I'm signifcantly less optimistic. I think we've already reached a point of no return. I still think we're incapable of changing. No matter how much we want to, we will never be able to take jealousy and greed out of us. It is part of us and cannot be removed.

Banned

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Very well stated, Stefan. ^^^

Consider this when you start to resent and hate the human species: You do not hate the lion for killing to survive. It's in the lion's nature. It is what it is. We don't hate the garter snake for killing that poor defenseless mouse. It's necessary for the garter snake to exist. We are what we are, and no matter how noble you think you are, and how wrong you think our behavior is, nobody's hands are clean in all of this. We are human and we will behave like humans. We have no choice. It's in our nature. It is what we are. You cannot deny or change it.
    No I do not hate the Lion because the lion only takes what it needs. Its a killer and needs to SURVIVE, it has no need to take over the grass lands.

We do have a choice, yes human nature is carnal, However we are not purely animistic beings and have a conscience. But alas our conscience is only as good as far as ones moral compass goes. We also 'justify' actions to a point of bending our moral compass. If a child is reared to kill anything he doesn't like. How would he be as an adult? On the opposite side If you raised a child to love n be kind(all hippy like) how would that child turn out as an adult?
    Now if one whole city raised kids like the first child, and a second city like the second child. Given time The first city would destroy the calmer second city. Inevitable.

Every person can change. But its more the next generation I worry about... Watching kids and their parents these days.. scares the crap right out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    I disagree. We can, but we don't want to. Eventually, we'll want to, but at that point we will have lost much that could have been saved. It may even be too late to save ourselves, but I find that highly unlikely.
    Neigh, We can, and we want to, but it is too hard. It's so easy to stay in the rut where we are then to even consider how to dig ourselves out. LAZY. Easier just to continue on as we are, were n will be.

The rest... Sounds like all the end of the world movies they've put out. But only time will tell how things will turn out.

I'm an optimistic realist. I know the world is crappy but I hope n believe it can get better. Maybe... if stupid people don't continue to spread... Screw the zombie Apocalypse, it'll be a slow degrading of intelliagence. (Spelt rong on purpus, relance on spelling chec is bad) lol
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt