Page 1195 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 19569510951145118511931194119511961197120512451295 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,950 of 14098
    Subadult snake

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Tonight is back to school night at my son's school. Get to meet the teachers and all that.
    Mine changed to their dad's school district this year. Let's check out the pros and cons!

CONS:

School starts and ends an hour earlier, have to leave home at 7am to drive them to school and then back to work, 38 mile/53min round trip.

Then after school they ride the bus to dad's, 45 min round trip to retrieve them.

He had to register them so now I don't even have access to put money in their lunch accounts. (Have I ever mentioned how I hate having no control over things?!)

Pros:

No school uniforms! Although that could be a con for me, since they keep coming home in something too small that I have to make them wear back to dad's. I'm not gonna replace jeans that are too short unless they're the ones I bought!

They'll ride the bus on their dad's week so he won't be late dropping them off. Last two years, they'd be tardy 4 or 5 times a month, and he only had them half the month...

We were planning to change districts for high school, but decided the tardy thing and not being the new kid freshman year were both good arguments for the change. I was very glad to go to their open house so they could show me around. It really is a nice school, and the high school is in the middle of a $40M renovation.

Sure wish I could sell my house and move a little closer though!
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

Robert...sounds like a wonderful program! Good luck and glad to see you on the forum. Tress...now, see, I miss the school uniforms...saved me money in clothes and didn't have to worry about picking clothes out for my son all the time. Good luck with the new school.

Back to school night was fine...kind of boring. I met my son's teacher...she seems really nice...I hear good things about her. While we were there, my son's father and his uncle were working on putting together the trampoline we got him for his birthday. They didn't get it finished...but it was put together enough for him to jump on it a little. He was so excited! The look on his face when he saw it was priceless. I can't believe my baby is going to be ten in a week!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Open house for my kids. My kids love school and their teachers.
    Even my oldest who started college went along.
    It's a small Christian school I'm blessed to have them there.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

I saw this funny post online so I thought I would share..

"I was drunk and I started sobbing because I realized snakes are just tails with faces"

Lol.

Subadult snake

It's a small Christian school I'm blessed to have them there.
    I miss the Christian school my boys used to attend. Eveyone knew everyone. After the divorce, dad couldn't pay his half of the tuition.

Tress...now, see, I miss the school uniforms...saved me money in clothes and didn't have to worry about picking clothes out for my son all the time.
    Yeah, I liked them, kids didn't! Before we always had to buy two different sets of clothes, uniforms and play clothes. Now it's just play/school clothes but I just don't have enough! I'll have to slowly build up their wardrobe, Goodwill here I come!
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    I saw this funny post online so I thought I would share..

"I was drunk and I started sobbing because I realized snakes are just tails with faces"

Lol.
    LMAO!!

Glad it sounds like everyone is getting ready for school ok(I guess minus the few cons) And Happy Early Birthday to Julian
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

We get a day of rain on Sat. and the mid 70's.
    Then all next week in the 90's and no rain.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I'm not looking forward for School next week at alljust when I'm getting used to not doing anything for a month and a half.Also the Welsh school system is so stupid,the people that go to English schools who do only English exams get marked the same as the people who have to do they'r exams in Welsh AND English it's so unfair.Rwy'n casau Saesneg!
    Will

William, for some reason I thought you were like....Well not sure what age, but "out of school" age So do you have to do the exams in both languages?
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Quote Originally Posted by ProXimuS View Post
    William, for some reason I thought you were like....Well not sure what age, but "out of school" age So do you have to do the exams in both languages?
    I do Busnes and Geography(Daearyddiaeth as i'ts called) in Welsh and Biology in English.It's really inconvenient because switching between them gets annoying because they'r so different and also I'm not very organized so my revision notes get mixed up a lot and it gets confusing trying to sort them out lol.And English spelling is really complicated compared to Welsh,well it seems that way because I'm crap at spelling.
    Will