Page 1194 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411921193119411951196120412441294 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

The number of posts per day seemed to drop by half practically overnight a week ago and we haven't gotten any new members since then. I guess summer is officially over.

~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Oh sorry...mentioned it on the O'Shea thread. The book is called Venomous Snakes of the World by Mark O'Shea. $12 on Amazon. Great book.

In other news...some of you already know about my dysfunctional family...and my drunk father who is becoming increasingly ill because he lies in his room all the time drinking and refusing to take care of himself. For starters, the man is diabetic and he sits and eats entire pies in one sitting. So last night...he got very ill and my mother had to call an ambulance to take him to the hospital again...where they will pull him back from the brink of death so that he can come home and abuse his body some more until the next time it almost kills him. It of course mortifies me when the EMTs have to come to my house because I will be working with these people at the hospital in a couple of months. The poor people have to go into my father's room to get him where it smells horrible. Luckily...I remembered something Wayne had mentioned before and quickly labeled all of my tanks..."Non-venomous garter snakes". Of course, one of the paramedics was freaking out because of the snakes. Like they were going to jump out of the tanks and bite him or something. Ahhhh...drama!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Wimp paramedic.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Adult snake

Fixing up leaky people: easy
    Garter snakes: terrifying
    ??
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

The funny thing is there was a female paramedic and a very large male paramedic. Guess which one was afraid of the snakes!

Sure...gunshot wounds, stabbings, childbirth, etc...easy stuff....garter snakes...scarrrrrryyyyy!!!

My drunk, stinky, very fat father mumbling jibberish and laying in his bed half naked is way scarier than any snake I have ever seen. I bet after they dealt with my father, they wish it was one of the snakes they had to pick up.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Sorry to hear that Marnie
    mike

Thanks. On a happier note...a little bird sent me one of his old cameras since I haven't had one and haven't been able to afford to buy a new one. What wonderful forum friends I have!!! Now I should be able to get some pics up soon!

Tonight is back to school night at my son's school. Get to meet the teachers and all that. Should be interesting since I'm going on a couple hours of sleep!
    Marnie

How'd it go?
    mike

Sorry i haventbeen back In a while, if its any consolation i think about yall every day i see checker, im working now and will he attending Stephen F Austin state university in the spring. Ill b majoring in Forest Wildlife Managment , while getting my degree in forestry , its a real special program thats grts me recognizedas an aboveaverage canidate by boththe society of american foresters and the american wildlife society. Its beautiful and in the middle of the woods, and there plenty of cute girls (sixty someodd percent of the university is female checker and inlike thOse odds) i am still planning on becoming a Texas Game Warden. And Checker had his harem of girls at my high school till the very end... Almost everyone knew him, he was on he annoncments acting as Nagini from harry potter (course i was he who must not be named) , i brought him the last week of school and all the choir girls were going crazy over him "its checker!!!"LOOK MR.AYON, ITS A SNAKE, ISNT HE PRECIOUS!" i think hes lookn foward to college as much as me besides a few escapes thats all thats gone on with me how bout yall?
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "