Page 1189 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 18968910891139117911871188118911901191119912391289 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,890 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Yeah, and very suddenly. No time to adapt.

I need to get a tattoo of a black mamba.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

No. You need a tattoo of a cool garter snake.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

So, I want to share my experience at Petco today. I was at the register buying pinkies, and then suddenly notice the girl behind the counter has a baby(looked to be about 10ish in. long) Ball Python around her neck. So I say "Oooooh my!! Is he real!? Can I pet him?!?! Oooh, I love you!"(to the snake of course)She then put him around her wrist so I could see him. Then I asked if she knows if it's male or female. She says she doesn't know, and some of her co-workers had tried to look at the vent to see if they could tell. So, I ask if she minds if I look at the vent. So I find it and say I think female, but then again don't know about Balls. Anyways, I didn't realize till I got home, I probably seem really weird. Some girl comes in and says "Ooooh! What a pretty snake! Can I look at it's butt?!" Haha, but she didn't seem weirded out, I'm sure she understood, because I quickly explained that I'm trying to learn about visually sexing snakes and what-not. Not sure how accurate that is on a snake like a Ball though. I know it's apperantly not as easy to visually sex other types as is it for garters. Another thing I learned is that a Ball's vent is down alot further than a garters is. I almost didn't find it! Any ways, that was my "snake molesting" story from today.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Of course it's a female mom. Some lady at the pet shop said it didn't have balls.

Niiiice
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Not all snakes display sexual dimorphism. I believe that ball pythons are one of the snakes that you cannot sex visually. Kings and milks are the same way. Impossible to tell by looking at them.

If she was a serious snake enthusiast...she wouldn't think you were weird at all...and if she isn't a serious snake enthusiast...then who cares what she thinks?

Yes...I will first get a tattoo of a garter. I want to get a tattoo of Cee Cee. Then perhaps a big black mamba! I recently found out that the ancient zodiac system considered the sign of Scorpio (my sign) to be represented by the serpent and not a scorpion. I also found out Scorpio is represented by the phoenix as well as the scorpion. Serpents and phoenixes...two of my fav things!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Not all snakes display sexual dimorphism. I believe that ball pythons are one of the snakes that you cannot sex visually.
    Just read that both sexes have small anal spurs, but they are slightly larger in males.

Woke up at sunrise and checked the temperature. 70.6 degrees F. (east Vancouver, WA) uh-oh. Going to be a scorcher for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Not all snakes display sexual dimorphism. I believe that ball pythons are one of the snakes that you cannot sex visually. Kings and milks are the same way. Impossible to tell by looking at them.
    Yea, I wasn't sure, and especially when I saw how different the vent area was...But I wanted to give it a shot. I've never seen a Ball pythons booty before
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Adult snake

Kings and milks can still be sexed visually. My milk snakes were popped when I bought them to make sure I had male and female and I can tell which is which with my eyeballs.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve