Page 1187 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 18768710871137117711851186118711881189119712371287 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,870 of 14098
    Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by Eight View Post
    Did you ever consider dreads?
    I considered it but I was very ignorant when it came to dreads and when I asked a couple of friends they told me that dreads occur naturally from never washing or combing your hair and that discouraged me from getting dreads. Is that really how someone gets dreads?

well from what I understand you twist your hair, and you wash your hair with water. The natural oils then keep your hair clean when established. or something.
    Sam 2.1 T.s.sirtalis 0.2 T.marcianus 0.0.1 L.g.floridana 1.0 L.g.californiae 1.0 Eryx colubrinus 0.0.1 P.g.guttatus 0.1 Python regius

Banned

It's awful. Seems more like an excuse to look like a dirty pig with matted hair. Reminds me of tattered rope, all grimy and gross looking.

My hair is a little high matenence, but I only wash it once a week. Anything more than that and my hair turns into a matted mess. Split ends and such. I just use shampoo I make myself, conditioner I make myself and hair balm that I made myself. Put it in 1-2 hours before the shower and wash it out, no issues.
    Anyways, I put my hair in a braid so you cant see it unbraided... And Mr. Kyle isn't available to fix my picture right now, so... Here's my braid. And yes I'm stained blue on my ear. It'll stay like that forever. I'm going to be fully blue one day.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

When you turn fully blue watch out for this guy. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IcA7gDYO8N...0/Gargamel.jpg
    Last edited by Invisible Snake; 08-10-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: I'm on a mobile device and couldn't get the pic up of Gargamel.

It's okay, I consider him a zombie... So I'd get him. I kill zombies for breakfast.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    In my opinion having long hair is high maintenance, how do you women put up with it? (special shampoos/conditioners, hours at the salon, 30+ minutes fixing up your hair before going out, etc.)
    It's worth the time. It's all for a good cause

Looks awesome Chantel! How long will the color stay? Long? Just asking cuz I got pink highlights in my hair a while back and it barely lasted 2-3 weeks....That's why I haven't bothered doing any more colors...
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Snake View Post
    I've had long hair down to my shoulders for about 7 years, most of the time I've kept it in a ponytail or cornrows, but I cut it all off 2 years ago. In my opinion having long hair is high maintenance, how do you women put up with it? (special shampoos/conditioners, hours at the salon, 30+ minutes fixing up your hair before going out, etc.)
    Having any hair requires more maintenance than I'm willing to do so I just buzz it off once a month or so. Started doing that 12 years ago and never looked back. No more paying for haircuts. No more combing. No more buying shampoo. It's very liberating. Just slap some sunblock on my head, or a stocking cap in the winter, and go.

Pretty much..not washing or combing/brushing your hair and twisting it is how to get dreads. However...many people with dreads end up with lice and other nasties. They get inside the dreads. How do women put up with long hair? We complain about it a lot and say that we can't do a thing with it! Lol... I used to wear my hair short for years...I even kept it shaved very short when I was in the punk scene. These days I can't seem to go very short or I get all wonky. But I often just stick it up and say to heck with it!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    My hair is a little high matenence, but I only wash it once a week. Anything more than that and my hair turns into a matted mess. Split ends and such. I just use shampoo I make myself, conditioner I make myself and hair balm that I made myself. Put it in 1-2 hours before the shower and wash it out, no issues.
    My hair use to be like that, but I found a dollar store shampoo and conditioner made with olive oil with a perfect PH balance and now I can wash my hair every day or every other day without any issues, no drying out, no matted mess, no split ends! I love it, its made by ... Delon I think. Dollarama, clear bottles with clear green shampoo and light opaque green conditioner.

You make your own shampoo and conditioner AND hair balm!!!??? How? with what? I want some!
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt