Page 1185 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 18568510851135117511831184118511861187119512351285 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,850 of 14098
    Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Sorry to hear that Light of Dae, my thoughts and prayers are with Larry and you. Lung cancer scares the **** out of me because I smoke cigarettes = /

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Then stop smoking. I did. I only smoked for two years but was a two pack a day person.

I quit by forcing myself into the most annoying habit. Light up, two puffs, put it out. Even if I'd relight it and smoke the whole cigarette, I'd put it out after two puffs, EVERY two puffs. It tasted so ... nasty n stale after that that I started throwing them away longer n longer, till I stopped buying packs, for a short time I would have a puff off a friends smoke, but never more then one puff.

Then I just said Done. Never had a smoke since.
    Nicotine is a drug, when you 'crave' a smoke it is actually a withdrawal. I weaned myself down by making smoking 1. Annoying 2. Gross tasting 3. A heck lot of self control to put out after every two puffs.

It has been 5 years. Haven't craved or wanted one. not even when stressed out.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Nice going Michelle. My dad was a 2 pack a day guy. Sad thing is one of my most vivid memories of him was his smokers cough at night.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quitting smoking is harder than it sounds...especially for people who have smoked way longer than two years. Nicotine is actually more addictive than heroin. Plus it is different for everyone...people with more addictive personalities have more trouble quitting. I used to be an addiction counselor. The gum works pretty well. Hypnotism is supposed to be the best way to quit if you can find someone who actually knows what they are doing. Lung cancer scares me as well. My uncle died from it...he had a progressive form that killed him within a couple of months. Of course, he chain smoked for about 50 years. To make smokers feel better, they are now discovering that there is a genetic link to lung cancer...which is why you often hear of non-smokers getting it. Not to say that people shouldn't try to quit. But I do know how hard it is...don't let people tell you it's a habit that you can just break. Get help in quitting...a support group, medication...many things can help. And don't get yourself down if you can't quit...just keep trying! You can eventually succeed!

I'm very sorry about your uncle, Michelle. Cancer does suck. I still get sad about John all the time. My grandmother also died from cancer. My best friend from childhood just went into recovery from breast cancer. I really hope that we find a cure for cancer sometime soon!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Very sorry to hear of this Michelle. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

My hair is getting dyed black with blue streaks, and my bangs are going to be blue also...
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I'm very sorry about your uncle, Michelle.
    It's my dad, well step-dad but the only father figure I have.

He figures he got cancer from where he grew up, There was radon gas(gas produced from radioactive material breaking down) that seeped into the cracked basement where he spent most of his time as a kid.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    It's my dad, well step-dad but the only father figure I have.

He figures he got cancer from where he grew up, There was radon gas(gas produced from radioactive material breaking down) that seeped into the cracked basement where he spent most of his time as a kid.
    Several school teachers at the same Portland, OR school, came down with lung cancer, some of which had already died. They investigated and found that the school was built on top of naturally radioactive clay deposits, which is where radon gas comes from.

Banned

Several school teachers at the same Portland, OR school, came down with lung cancer, some of which had already died. They investigated and found that the school was built on top of naturally radioactive clay deposits, which is where radon gas comes from.

And in other news...

Vancouver, WA just had a record meth bust. They raided an apartment building just blocks from my former home on Monday, where some Mexican nationals were staying. 74 pounds of uncut crystal meth in one seizure. Assuming it was to be sold at the wholesale price of $12,600 per pound, that's nearly a million dollars worth. More if sold at street price.

Now if they could only do about 1,000 more seizures like this over the next couple of months, it might just start to make a dent in the supply. Maybe.

Black and blonde, tomorrow blue! I have it parted a little to show that there is actually black. Mom went a little bleach crazy. It was supposed to be little streaks with my bangs being the most coloured.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)