Page 1178 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 17867810781128116811761177117811791180118812281278 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Richard, I know cranberry juice doesn't magically take it away, but it does keep it from getting worse and speeds it up so it goes away faster. Last time I had one, I drnk some cranberry juice and it was pretty much gone the next day. I've had plenty of issues, so I know what usually works.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Yea, I've had issues with that before, and have only been to the doctor and had antibiotics once. Cranberry juice and AZOs can alot of times do the trick.

That license plate was hilarious!! Think of how often they must get made fun of, especially if it's not an intentional vanity plate I seen one yesterday the said "4nando," I'm guessing supposed to be like "Fernando."
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProXimuS View Post
    . Cranberry juice and AZOs can alot of times do the trick.
    Then you didn't have an infection. AZO just treats the symptoms. Symptoms that can be caused by things other than an infection. I've had symptoms of UTI, and yes, AZO seems to "cure" it within a few days. But I also went to the doctor before taking the AZO. No infection found.

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Richard, I know cranberry juice doesn't magically take it away, but it does keep it from getting worse and speeds it up so it goes away faster. Last time I had one, I drnk some cranberry juice and it was pretty much gone the next day.
    Then you didn't have a UTI in the first place. Funny how when it's not an infection, it does just go away. Would have went away even if you didn't drink cranberry juice.

My point is, before touting a cure for something you probably didn't have, get a real diagnosis. Any doctor will tell you that if you truly have a UTI, no amount of cranberry juice or AZO's is going to cure it. I don't doubt that it will ease the symptoms, but that's it. If your remedy cures it, then your self-diagnosis wasn't correct to begin with. Don't take my word for it, this comes directly from AZO's website: " If you don't get an antibiotic, you won't get rid of the bacteria that caused your UTI and serious health problems may develop."

I know that smoking doesn't cause cancer or emphysema because I smoked from 1983 to 2011. I don't have cancer or emphysema. That conclusively proves it.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 07-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Richard, cranberry juice can help prevent it from getting worse, which helps it go away faster because it cant get worse.. I'm sure you have a vagina and have experience many utis, or you have other issues with your tackle, but I've had plenty and have gone to the doctor and it was, in fact a uti. It wasn't bad enough that they wanted to give me medication, so they told me to drink plenty of water and cranberry juice. My doctor told me that my body would fight the infection on its own. That's why it went away. Not me saying that cranberry juice cured it. I'm not even going to argue with you. Snakey just died, so please. Stop being stupid. I'm sure my doctor is plenty smarter than you, even though at times she seems completely stupid about certain subjects. She's also a woman, so I'm sure she's experienced it, too.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

I'm sorry that you and your doctor both experienced losing snakes. Or being stupid about subjects. I'm not sure which.

Very funny.
    Chantel

Feeling quite a bit more stable now... So...

Richard, please tell me why 3 different doctors have told me to drink cranberry juice. I was told thatcranberry juice, plus drinking enough water will help remove the bacteria from the urinary tract, and because of that it will keep the infection from getting worse. Since it's not getting worse, and can lessen the problems, your body can fight the infection itself. This infection was worse, so I need medication this time, but drinking cranberry juice and water has taken away the pain and all of the issues that I was having. Why would I be told by 3 different people that my body would fight the infection in its own, if it didn't happen? I got the UTI diagnosed. I got a blood test and a urine test, so I doubt they were just lying to my face. So Richard, were they lying to me about having an infection? I self diagnose based off the issues I had when I did get diagnosed, by a professional. The pain, the smell, the pressure in the abdomen. I know what a uti feels like, I've had plenty. Stop acting like you know more than me, it's not like I'm just talking out of my ***. Oh and sorry I worded my response wrong, the cranberry juice didn't 'take it away' the cranberry juice just helped with the issues, obviously. Anyone with a brain would know that.
    Chantel

Steveo...most exterminators are very knowlegable and skilled in getting rid of bedbugs these days. However, if you should continue to have problems...I have dealt with the issue myself and I can recommend special laundry detergent, body spray, and furniture spray that does the trick in getting rid of them. PM me if you need help with this.

Chantel...the acid in cranberry juice aids in creating an acidic environment in the urinary tract to prevent and help to treat UTIs. However, if the infection gets bad...antibiotics are needed to cure it and prevent it from becoming systemic. I know this from previous experience and being in nursing school. Skype me and I will help you. No comment to Richard's comments...
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Richard, please tell me why 3 different doctors have told me to drink cranberry juice. I was told thatcranberry juice, plus drinking enough water will help remove the bacteria from the urinary tract
    You just answered the question yourself. If you're having bacteria build up in your urinary tract, this approach can prevent it from becoming an issue needing antibiotics by flushing out, which is how one keeps from getting UTI in the first place. But lets be clear. This is prevention, not a cure. An established infection will still require antibiotics.

This infection was worse, so I need medication this time
    Exactly. And unless you go to the Dr. so they can determine the primary bacteria involved and how advanced it is, you will not know if this is something your body will just fight off, or if it's something that needs antibiotics. I just hope for your sake you're getting this taken care of. Kidney damage can occur if it isn't taken care of. If you're having repeated infections, I would be for finding out why.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Is it really so quiet that the only thing we have to discuss is a UTI and cranberry juice? For the record, I've heard more than one doctor say that cranberry juice is a fallacy, if you are drinking cranberry juice for a UTI you are almost certainly drinking more full stop. You'd gain the same benefits just drinking more water.

Now, the weather is really warm back home, unfortunately I'm working in Scotland where it is much cooler and cloudier.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia