Page 1166 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 16666610661116115611641165116611671168117612161266 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,660 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I'd be somewhat more inclined to blame the family it came from (allergy my ***, oldest excuse in the book), than the (incompetent) people who ended up handling it with tools because of how "vicious" it was.

"Preparing For Second shed"

I'm not sure who to blame, I'm not sure it matters. Likely it is everyone so far. I can't be sure I'm not pushing him too fast, and he won't end up a nervous wreck. I know for sure he is no more vicious than I am. He is calming down much faster than I expected. I just had him out for a longer time. he went searching through my hair and checking in case I kept a snack in my ear. curious and very happy seeming to have slow moving non threatening attention, he even went to another person of his own choice. he does scurry and try to hide if I move fast. Likely that will last a long time.

I had planned on getting rats when my ball python moves onto Juvenal rats, won't be more than a few more months. perhaps this was the universes way to move me along in that direction... I think he would profit from another rat for company, and a nice female is likely as good a choice as any other.

That's so sad to hear this poor little guy has been mistreated. I personally would say both parties(original owners and the pet store) have a play in it. Although, I'm not involved in this first hand, that's just the conclusion I'm jumping to. I'm really glad you've got him and are able to work with him. I'm sure all he needed was someone nice and understnading of animals to work with him
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Well got him his 40 gallon breeder and a wheel. He's been out and gone to three different people with no issue. yes he is jumpy if one moves real fast. I'm really thinking since he is so old and large that the girls were just afraid of him. He is about 10 inches long without the tail and his tail is as big around as my pinky finger. He is a BIG solid rat. Sad.

I'm glad you're so into making sure he's well taken care of. He deserves it! Maybe that wheel can help him release some of his nervous/anxious energy.

I may speak for myself, but I'd love to see pics if you can
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

I will try for some pics. Having a hard tome finding an older female or two to put with him. I don't want another Male because I can see where he has been beatten on. I tried 6 stores today and none of them had pet rats. Gonna just have to continue the search later today.

Added: Of course I want him well cared for. I detest abuse of animals.

I was just telling everyone on here recently about how years ago...I had a "friend" who was neglecting and mistreating a pet rat. I walked right into his house one day and took the rat and told him he didn't deserve a pet. The rat became my pet for years and I went on to having many more pet rats for years after that. Rats are great pets...loving and smart...very smart which is why they use them in psych studies. I also detest the abuse of animals and am very glad you gave this guy a good home.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Oh...btw...I start crazy camp tomorrow. Hopefully they will get my meds straightened out and get me out of this depression. Plus, there is all day therapy for me to rant about my life...lol. Chantel, my friend is a yoga teacher and invited me to come to her class for free...I've just been too darn depressed to leave my house and go to the class yet.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I've had rats before and knew very well how wonderful they are when cared for well. Everyone here is fond of him already, he is really a nice fella. No one even minded spending the morning hunting for the stuff I wanted to get for him, although the other half is distressed that my "dollar rat" has now cost well over $100. I've pointed out that the sale tank has saved us a bundle. I've got a line on some rats about 60 miles away so I have to call and see what they have. More later if theres more to tell, and if anyones interested.

I'm always interested to hear about rats...post it in the "other pets" thread though.
    Marnie