Page 1165 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 16566510651115115511631164116511661167117512151265 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,650 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Yeah...that is the biggest rip off I have ever heard. I have a flat screen t.v. that I bought for the living room for Christmas..and it broke all of the sudden and I still haven't called about getting it fixed because I imagine they are going to charge me a bunch of money for repair...plus I have to ship the darn thing back to them because I bought it online.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Does anyone think this is out of line? Because I do... My mom is constantly in my things... And I'm an adult, and there's obviously stuff she doesn't need to see. 3 days ago, she stole my camera to do some stupid 'ghost hunting'... She never asked, she took my money, too. I've told her, repeatedly, do not touch or take my things, do not look through my things.. and most of all, stay out of my office. She always puts my paperwork in stupid places and loses it, throws it away or stuffs it somewhere where I can't find it. I've tolerated it since I turned 16, that's a long time to deal with her screwing around with my things. She's the reason that I failed some of my classes in highschool. I really wish that I could just move away and remove her from my life. I can easily get her kicked out, since my 'dad' owns the property.. and she's broken many, many rules that he laid out. I'd have to live with my grandparents, who live in a house that is kind of smaller than this trailer. If I make a noise or move enough to startle her she freaks out and yells ar me, and she has the sudden reaction of hitting me. I have to slink around the house hoping she isn't near wherever I'm going. I'm getting tired of it.. I mean, why wont she learn. She keeps complaining that her kids stole from her.. So, what... Does that make it okay to steal things from me? No, of course not. I have ocd.. It sends me into a rage when someone moves my things around, and it sends me into even more of a rage when I can't find something. She always says 'oh I have ocd I can't help it if I decide your room is too messy... I really don't mean it!' And then she goes and does it again, the day after. I can't sleep because she's in my stuff. It's really pissing me off.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Tough situation to be in Chantel. Sounds like the best thing would be to set a goal of being on your own and working hard towards that goal.
    I can't really say why she violates your personal space and property but she may think she's entitled to do so since she's your mom. That of course doesn't make it right but it might explain some of it.
    I wish you the best and hope you can find a good solution to the situation as this isn't healthy for you or your mother.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

My best bet would be moving out. Her skull is thicker than this trailer. My therapist has told her to back off, too. She did for about 3 days. I've only got a total of 10 hours of sleep in the past 7 days, and I haven't eaten in 2 (because of her, of course), so perhaps I'm more irritable than I usually would be. She's really pushing it, though.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Parents always say "as long as your living under my roof you have to follow my rules" no matter how ridiculous those rules are, but that should be your motivation to move out and become independant.

I like your avatar pic, did you draw it yourself?

She's told me and promised me, my bedroom and my office are mine, and I can do what I like in them. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate me punching a hole in the wall, though... But I wouldn't do that, because it's stupid and would break my nails.

My avatar is from Wapsi Square... It's a webcomic. It's a really awesome one too, it has a lot of mythology. This particular one is Jin, one of the chimeras.

And on a happier note... I actually learned part of a choreography, which added up to 2 hours of learning, heading on 3... That's more exercise than I do in a week (back issues) and the little 'exercise high' is helping me stay awake long enough to go to the store and get something to eat. Exercising on an empty stomach isn't fun... I'll probably exercise til I drop.
    Chantel

I actually learned...the dysfunctional way...when I was 16...that the law does state that even if you are underage (I know you aren't but I'm making a point) and living under your parent's roof...any thing in your possession...even if they paid for it...is yours by law. My parents kicked me out several times when I was a teenager and they would refuse to give me my things or my car that they paid for. I brought the police to my house with me...and the police informed my parents that they had to give me all of my possessions and my car. What is that law...possession is 9/10 the law or something...anyway....your stuff is your stuff and she has no right to go through it or take it. I would also work to getting out of there. The things that you have told me about your mother...ugh. I told you...you are always welcome to come here. I wasn't kidding about that. My door is always open to you if it gets to be too much.

Congrats on the exercising. My depression is getting very bad this time. It may have a lot to do with my surgery and hormonal changes...I think the break-up just kind of triggered it all. I may have to look into going into the day-hospital program at the psych hospital. It's a nice program...I've been in it before for my depression. You just go for the day...it's like "crazy camp" for adults...lol. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Mostly cloudy, soaking showers, 59 F high. WA weather bites!

Try some yoga... It really helps when you feel really depressed, even if you only do 5 minutes of it... I do it as a little bit of a boost sometimes.. But now that I've found a choreo that I like, I'm probably going to stick to that.
    Chantel

"Preparing For Second shed"

well I brought home a rat last night. He is full grown and was on clearance because he is a "vicious animal" was told you can't pick him up because he bites and does it hard. that if you try to do anything with him he makes a horrible screaming noise. That he was brought in by a couple who claimed he was their daughters pet and she has turned out to be allergic to him. He came in as an adult and they don't know anything about him except he has been like this since he first came in. I've never seen an adult rat in this store before. They said he has been in the back room for the past 6 months, and they are all afraid of him.

I reached into the cage and let him smell me and was slow and non threatening and decided he was just shy and scared. The teenager who works in the pet section came back to show me how you "have" to move him. She hit the side of the tank, which made him run to the far corner. then she went in with this long metal can (she had gone into the back to get it) and tried to force him into the can by whipping him on the but with a loop of metal coat hanger. Yes he was making horrible noises and freaking out. she ignored my objections. I decided I was taking him home, even if he is vicious. a dollar well spent. so he was boxed up and the box was making awful noises and it was obvious he was freaking inside.
    Part way home I decided I couldn't take it any more and opened the box. he was running in circles and digging around trying to find a place to hide. I let him smell my hand and he did that jump and roll over (the don't hurt me movement hamsters do- never seen a rat do it before) after about a half hour he was calm enough and I got him home.
    I left him in the open box until I had a tank ready. Its only a 20 gallon and he is going to need a 40 gallon (but I will be buying it some where else later) and went slow, by this time he was allowing me to pet him without jumping and I eventually could pick him up and put him in the tank. last night anytime I noticed he was not in the hide I gave him I let him smell me and stroked him gently while speaking softly to him.
    This morning I did the same thing until he was very calm with that. I picked him up and let him crawl around on me. held him about 5 minutes and put him back. and went through the soft talking and petting till he was ready to be picked up again. out slightly longer.

I find nothing vicious about him. he wants to smell me every time I put my hand in the tank. he freaks if anything moves fast (who can blame him) but he actually likes being handled gently and now comes over readily to get some petting and attention. It hasn't been even a full day. This tells me that everything wrong with him has something to do with a loop of coat hanger and a tin can.

what is wrong with people?

Moral of the story, If you need to surrender a pet to a new caregiver, pick them yourself and don't count on a pet store to find them a new home.

(store in question is CountryMax.)