Page 1145 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 14564510451095113511431144114511461147115511951245 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

It might be the tea, but I do that all the time, and it's (usually) cafeine free. The medical cabs can take me, but I don't know if the walk in is open on Fridays. They have kind of erird hours. I feel a bit better now though, luckily. Maybe I've been overly exhausted or something. It took almost 22 hours of sleeping to perk me up again.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

If they take walk-ins you should go. They can do some blood work and listen to your heart. In the interim don't drink any caffeine, and if you get any worse go to the hospital.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

If I were to get better and then get worse I'd be on my way to the hospital. I hve the sort of body where I'll get sick, then the next few hours- day, I'll be perfectly fine... Then I get sick even worse. It's always been like that, but I can't imagine what would be worse than what it was around 1 pm. I could barely move. I had a bowl of rice and berry tea and I feel pretty much normal. I don't get dizzy when I get up or walk around. I'll be taking it easy, though.

You also forgot that I'm awesome and indestructable! Well.. As long as my stomach pain doesn't come back. That is the one thing that really kills me.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    You also forgot that I'm awesome and indestructable!
    Yeah, me too.

The broken arm (ulna) is pretty much healed now, in one piece that is. Good as new, right? Too bad I'm still supposed to lug this cast around for 6 more weeks. Ugghh..

Had to let an awesome snake get away into the water today so I don't get water under it.

If you go herping,bring dish washing gloves or a large plastic bag to put over your arm. My mom did that when I fractured my leg area, she tied a garbage bag to my leg so I could swim in my dad's pool... Lol.
    Chantel

Banned

I've explored my options. None of them are particularly effective at ensuring it won't get wet, (glove is out, wont go on)) and most options would render the hand/fingers useless, which brings me right back to letting the snake get away. I really needed that left hand, and it would have gotten wet, no doubt.

Thought this was cool... I found an offhand item for my character in Diablo 3 that's a snake! He holds it by the neck and it wiggles back and forth.
    mike

My son Kale knows I've been missing my little Grackle (Thaddeus) after he left for the wild.
    He presented me this painting. I keep it by my laptop.
    Kale is a good son. I'm looking forward to seeing him as a man.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Funny thing happened the other day...

I was herping near the Chehalis River in Lewis County, WA. There were a lot of snakes out basking. Mostly non-blue Puget Sound garters (yellow-green striped and red spotted phase) and northwesterns. Hoping to find rubber boas, I lifted a piece of plywood and saw a group of snakes there. I wanted to get a good look at them before they took off so I just grabbed at the group and pinned 3 down with one hand.

Upon examining them I realized that I had just captured 3 different species with one hand at the same time!

T. elegans vagrans
    T. sirtalis pickeringi
    T. ordinoides

BTW, just a heads up...

I have several very nice pickeringi almost ready to go. They've been eating well for several weeks and will get their second dose of deworming meds this Friday. After a few days of observation and rest, they will be declared fit for captivity/shipping. No blues ready yet but still some very sweet lookin' snakes.
    Included in this first "ready" group is a chocolate brown adult female stripeless northwestern. Her only dorsal markings are a neat row of black spots just above the lateral scale rows.

I'll post pics of them on Monday or Tuesday.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 05-29-2012 at 12:41 PM.

awesome, can't wait to see them!! And that's amazing that you managed to capture three species in one grab Lucky catch!
    mike