Page 1137 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 13763710371087112711351136113711381139114711871237 ... LastLast
Results 11,361 to 11,370 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

The dog dances better than I ever could, lol!
    mike

Banned

Apparently, "Thamnophis" is no longer a valid genus and has been split into 4 new genus' ?

Whybrowus
    Pughus
    Neilsonnemanus
    Brucerogersus

I have questions, so why is this closed? http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...ification.html
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 05-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Apparently, "Thamnophis" is no longer a valid genus and has been split into 4 new genus' ?

Whybrowus
    Pughus
    Neilsonnemanus
    Brucerogersus

OK, so why is this closed? http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...ification.html
    Because it's BS. Best I can tell, the person (Raymond Hoser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) who posted it (or an impostor) has a bug up his *** regarding countless herpetological issues and that was his little way of going after a number of herpetologists, after which he named these new genera as some form of childish protest.

Banned

Whew! had me worried for a minute! I sure as heck do not want to learn the classification all over again.

To be honest, I didn't put much effort into investigating the motivations behind this. A quick google search indicated that he's been posting attacks against people like Wolfgang Wüster (http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/05/495984.html) and other herpetologists today and some of the things on his home page made him seem like a total loon. Apparently he's been miffed for quite some time.

Banned

Still no rain in the 10-day outlook for SW WA, not that we need it after 2 months solid of nothing but pouring rain and below average temps. 86 F today, 90 tomorrow, 88 monday, 82 tuesday. That's more like it!

I need to vent a little bit, so sorry in advance. I'm about ready to kill somebody right now.

My aunt just got out of jail, she tried steaking a car and a few hundred dollars.. plus a jacket. She's never held a job, she's never made any effort at all to get clean, she's never done anything good in her life. On top of that, she ruined my childhood constantly coming over and stealing my things. Usually stuff that meant a lot to me, jewelry my grandmother and mom gave me. My mom had the nerve to let her stay here. She has 400 dollars, from selling herself, and she brought weed over to our house... She admitted to stealing it. And my mom lets her stay the night. "oh she has no where to go...." She has 400 dollars in her pocket! She can go get a cheap hotel or something. Really, can someone be that stupid? I can't call the police, because it'll all just happen again. Her brain is fried from drugs and she has multiple personalities and she will not leave me alone. That is one of the only rules she has in this house. She has to stay away from everything I own. She can not lay a finger on anything. And she can't come near me. So of course she gets high and she wanders into my room with the pipe in her hands and asks me if I'm "high enough"... I didn't even smoke anything, and I had my door closed because I was already raging.. So how could I even get high? What the hell. And on top of that, she decided to smoke in my room, with my snakes and she didn't leave until I shoved her out. I don't know what weed does to snakes, I don't want that **** smoking up my room and possibly harming my snake. I am *so* pissed and I can't do anything, because anything I want to do would have me arrested. I can't even force her to leave the house. She's currently going through my moms stuff because she's not home. She'll probably leave with her jewelry before she gets home. And again, I can't do anything because she claims it's hers, and she stuffs it in her bra so I can't get it back. I'm tired of how stupid my mom is... She wastes her money on ********s that are good for absolutely nothing and are just a waste of space. I don't want to live here, but of course I have nowhere to go. I can't wait until I can get myself a job and get out of this place. I feel like I'm losing brain cells by even standing near someone so freaking stupid.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Hang in there Chantel. Relatives can be a pain in the butt and worse.
    I don't think the limited amount of smoke will harm your snakes but it is good you are concerned.
    I wish I had some words or something I could do to help.
    If you would like to Skype me you are welcome to anytime. It's always a pleasure speaking with you.
    Vent to a friend, not a problem.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

My two cents: It's not a smart thing at all to even let her stay in the house. She obviously has problems, and until she has to face the point-blank consequences of those problems, she's never going to be anything to anyone but a burden. Kicking her out may be a tough thing for your mother to do, but she has to do it, not just for your sake, but for her own, and ultimately, for your aunt's. Otherwise, she's only going to enable the problem, not help solve it.

But I do hope that things work out for you so that you don't have to tolerate this situation.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.