Page 1135 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 13563510351085112511331134113511361137114511851235 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,350 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Funny thing is, it does't really hurt. Didn't hurt the day it happened, hurt a bit just in the morning on day 2 and 3, and is fine now. a badly skinned / bruised knee or elbow hurts far more

Subadult snake InsanePirateDragon's Avatar

Has anyone really dealt with groundhogs in their yard before and might know a good way to get rid of them, without killing them. I've been having trouble for the last week with them. And I fear my life might be turning into Caddyshack. And since I am on the edge of the city limits I can't 'legally' shoot a gun in the city.

Since here in Kansas we didn't any snow the critters have been coming out early and a group of groundhogs had dug under the shed in the yard and made a home there.

Of course the dogs, a pack of dachshunds (two of mine and the other two that belong to my sister that come over), can smell them and its been driving them nuts. The groundhogs keep making holes in the fences and the wienies keep finding them and slipping out to bark at the shed and trying to go under it. It seems as fast as we fix a hole, another ones made and they somehow keep going under the shed even when we have it all blocked off. And then had started chewing on cords, such as the underground connection to the internet, which had ticked me off so I was after blood at that point.

But last Tuesday everything went crazy. I get a call at work that the oldest wienie, who is also the smallest, slipped out and proceeded to go under the shed and fight with the groundhogs and proceeded to chase the groundhog family, three babies and the Momma, down the slope to the creek bed, the other of our wienies followed suit.

The little one somehow managed to grab onto one and threw it into the creek and then fell into the creek, which can move pretty fast if there's rain. Luckily there wasn't much rain and she was fished out and gave a good wash. And that had me shaken up enough.

Then Wednesday after putting a gate on the front porch for the others, I tried my best to chaperone puppy potty time with one dog at a time, with the youngest wienie working on potty training.

I was was watching oldest and then puppy cries. I turn to check on the puppy only to find the oldest had vanished. She had somehow gone under the shed once to harass the groundhogs. So I lift up the wooden ramp to try to get her out and find two baby groundhogs huddled in the corner the oldest dog barking like a rabid dog.

And while I was trying to shoo her away, one of the others, the largest wienie, had somehow managed to jump a two and a half foot gate atop the stairs and escaped.

I didn't see him until he rounded the corner and joined into the barking fray. Somehow one baby got away but the other wasn't as lucky as he was picked up and carried away and shaken like a toy.

I chased after the dog and hog telling him to drop it, which he has do problem doing, but he somehow forgot how during this. He finally did remember and dropped the poor baby groundhog.

Now the groundhog at this point was officially royally ticked off and spun around around and grabbed big wienie's nose. Wienie freaks out and starts crying in pain and running backwards and dragging the groundhog along.

Hedgehog lets go and big wienie and little wienie proceed to bark and charge at the groundhog, who is doing the same thing. Now getting over the shock I grab the nearest thing, a stick and put myself between ground dogs and groundhog trying to keep everyone separate. I then grab a nearby trashcan and put it over the groundhog.

That of course gave me time to put the rabid canines away in the house and then checked on the poor traumatized baby. Luckily it wasn't hurt and after talking to a few people from Operation Wildlife released it at a different nearby creek, away from my house.

Now I'm trying to catch the Momma with a humane trap but I haven't had much luck and I've been tethering the dogs in the yard, which they aren't enjoying one bit. I keep seeing the stupid Momma Hog and I swear at this point, she's mocking me.

Banned

wow. you just can't make up a story like that.

That's quite a story! I know it's stressful and a pain for you, but I giggled a few times reading that! Sounds like a scene from a movie... wieners and groundhogs battling it out, lol! Sorry, I have no advice to offer, but thank you for sharing!
    mike

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

For anyone into classic British Comedy - "Carry On Groundhog Day".
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Banned

check this out:

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Lol omg that video is so cute

Banned

He's waiting for a bus because his car got toad.

Subadult snake InsanePirateDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    That's quite a story! I know it's stressful and a pain for you, but I giggled a few times reading that! Sounds like a scene from a movie... wieners and groundhogs battling it out, lol! Sorry, I have no advice to offer, but thank you for sharing!
    Yeah looking back it probably was hilarious, and probably deserved the Benny Hill theme. One friend started cracking up at the groundhog being dragged.

But dog okay after being bit, up to date on shots and it got cleaned, and groundhog not hurt. I was worried about the poor thing. So everyone's okay, at least it will once I get Momma.
    2.0.0 T. s. parietalis (Marley and Sully)
    One Ornate Box Turtle
    And one grumpy bitey Leopard Gecko

Banned

I totally forgot i had ever uploaded to google video. This is really old. the first video i ever put on the web. now migrated to youtube:

warning: graphic carnage!